Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nice one Thicky...

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
The ONLY mistake Micky made tonight was playing the totally ineffective and out-of-his-depth El Abd instead of Livermore.

Anyone that went to Peterborough earlier in the season, I assume Micky was there too, saw that Boyd tore apart Virgo at right back, leaving him for dead, and made Virgo look like a Sunday League Donkey. So what was Mickys genius tactic to combat Boyd this time......Put Virgo there again :thud:

Dont get me started on Nicky Forster playing right wing either. Second half we had a midfield of A right winger on the left, Virgo, a centre back in the middle, and Forster, a striker on the right. Jarrett was the only one in his actual position

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
New Players have improved the side.

Tactics and general game plan remained poor.

Spot on.

Last time i checked that was down to the manager and coaching staff.

So as he still cant get it right.

:bigwave: Adams and his "coaching" team.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
The posh were a good side.Once they got going after half an hour you could quite easily see why they were 3rd in the league.
At half time myeslf and Bulldog felt we needed to revert to 4-4-2 as they were getting on top of us in midfield.Seb Carole was class in the first half then completely disappeared 2nd half.I thought Sully had a poor game along with Virgo.We definitely need a top draw midfielder like Boyd in our team if we want to challenge next year.Apart from that the signs were good and even know we lost i quite enjoyed the game.
Poor turn out from both sets of fans as well.

Was good to catch up with you again last night fella, I managed to get out of the habbit of going to football but now I've sorted out where i'm going with my health problems i'm intending on going a bit more regular as is my brother.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Loads of people near me seemed to think we had three upfront, as did Harty, but it was clearly Forster right midfield. He was taking up exactly the same positions as Carole was on the left and the two forwards were playing as a front two, not a front three.

Forster right midfield and Carole left = two wingers who will not be good defending. Not the best idea against a team who is class out wide and very good attacking.

No support for McNulty or Virgo and anyone could have seen Virgo was getting skinned every time.

What MUST Livermore and Fraser think playing on the bench while El Abd still plays centre midfield and then is swapped, not the central midfielders on the bench, but for Adam Virgo?

Plus, I still think Calvin Andrew is a bit of a rich man's Mark McCammon...

Was good to catch up with you again last night fella, I managed to get out of the habbit of going to football but now I've sorted out where i'm going with my health problems i'm intending on going a bit more regular as is my brother.

Good to hear you're better and hopefully not still rattling like a box of smartees - need a ticket for saturday? PM me if you do.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nobody else has mentioned the fact that for the first 25 -30 mins we played Peterborough very high up the pitch virtually on the half way line but as the game progressed we gradually dropped further back, which allowed Boyd to run at Virgo. One of the problems we have is that if Virgo or Whing play well up as right back, Elphick does not get across and cover them if they are beaten, thus allowing them the time to get back to defend again.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Nobody else has mentioned the fact that for the first 25 -30 mins we played Peterborough very high up the pitch virtually on the half way line but as the game progressed we gradually dropped further back, which allowed Boyd to run at Virgo. One of the problems we have is that if Virgo or Whing play well up as right back, Elphick does not get across and cover them if they are beaten, thus allowing the time to get back to defend again.

Which is why we miss Lynch's pace...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A solution may have been to move McNulty, who is a full back who kicks with his right foot mostly over to cover Boyd and bring Livermore on at left back. I am not in favour generally of playing players out of position but we were getting murdered by Boyd and as a natural full back McNulty may have coped better.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think giving Virgo more protection from right midfield would have helped. Whether we had the player to do that I don't know. Fraser certainly would have but we needed someone to pose them a threat as well.

I would have cut off the supply to Boyd. They saw Carole was having an affect on the game and stopped us getting the ball to him. Why we didn't do the same with Boyd I don't know.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
. They saw Carole was having an affect on the game and stopped us getting the ball to him. Why we didn't do the same with Boyd I don't know.

2 problems there in more and more games Adams & Co are getting out thought at half time.

Forster was a complete waste where he was playing, where was that exactly?
He contributed absolutely nothing to our team last night.

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
I complain when McLeod plays rubbish. An assist with his last touch only increased the BEMUSEMENT as to why adams plays two right wingers on the left.

When I've seen Livermore play centre midfield he's done well. Also, 24 games in a promoted Championship side would suggest he's good enough to get ina shit League 1 side.

We need a defensive midfielder on the pitch - so why El-Abd? And why bring on another one?

Virgo - not a central player. El-abd - not a wide midfielder. Carole and Cox - would be more threatening on the right where they don't have to cut inside.

Not hard really is it?

He's done OK, not brilliant, on the 2(?) occasions he has played there. He did play in the championship at the beginning of the season, but then he went on loan to Oldham.

And a lot of wingers play on the opposite wing to what foot they use, so they can cut in. Try telling Wenger to play Nasri on the right, or tell Guardiola to play Messi on the left. Doesn't happen.

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
While I agree, I would argue the experienced defender also needs to be a big bastard, as the existing lot (bar Hawkins) really don't offer much physicality.

No, if we bring in a defender we need to bring in someone who is comfortable with the ball at their feet. Most good teams have a solid 'old fashioned' centre back, e.g. Elphick, and then one who is pacy and can play the ball. Last season it was a perfect match with Lynch and Elphick. That's the type of partnership we need. Elphick very rarely gets beaten in a physical battle with a centre forward.

eastterracemike

Jan 31, 2008
New Players have improved the side.

Tactics and general game plan remained poor.

I hope we look a bit more organied against Carlisle.

Couldn't agree more . The new players look good and I thought Jarrett had a good game in midfield. The Micky Adams' apologists are sleepwalking their way into League 2. The man hasn't got a clue tactically.
Forster in right midfield -what a waste of his energy and attacking nous. If you're going to play 3 strikers then surely he should have been in the 'hole'.

Virgo is a great CB but he was played out of position yet again.

The positional changes that had to be made to accomodate the substitutions were laughable and smacked of complete desperation.

All this nonsense about building a team will count for nothing if we don' get the balance right . We now have 5 CB's - Virgo;Hawkins;Lynch;Elphick Hinshelwood; and 4 Centre forwards - Forster;Murray; Davies ;Andrew;

BUT ONLY ONE CENTRAL MIDFIELDER OF NOTE - JARRETT !!

We will not reap a return for our money until we get a decent coach in who can get the team to play to a game plan everyone understands . I do not blame the players - there is quality out there but if Scolari can go then so can Micky - are you watching Dick?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Good to hear you're better and hopefully not still rattling like a box of smartees - need a ticket for saturday? PM me if you do.

Unfortunately the problem I've had is never going to get better only worse but at least i know what to expect now, It just means i'm going to be permenantly disabled and have to spend the rest of my life on pain killers but at least they've finally sorted out medication I can work on and it's just a matter of adjusting my life to fit around a disability. Will PM shortly about the ticket.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Unfortunately the problem I've had is never going to get better only worse but at least i know what to expect now, It just means i'm going to be permenantly disabled and have to spend the rest of my life on pain killers but at least they've finally sorted out medication I can work on and it's just a matter of adjusting my life to fit around a disability. Will PM shortly about the ticket.

I didn't relise this was a permenant thing.Thats a real blow pal.So is the stick permenant as well?

Yea it was good to see you also and your brother.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Can't really fault him for that decision - Sullivan WAS on form, and I don't think anyone really could have predicted he'd have a total shocker.

Still, at least we can get the big man back in goal now.

Am I to take it that the you are part of the management team ? it's just your comment "Still, at least we can get the big man back in goal now" gives that impression.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I didn't relise this was a permenant thing.Thats a real blow pal.So is the stick permenant as well?

Yeah I'm stuck with it now fella, I've been trying to kid myself for a while that I dont need a stick but i'm having to give in to it now.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Yeah I'm stuck with it now fella, I've been trying to kid myself for a while that I dont need a stick but i'm having to give in to it now.

I only thought grandads had them.I won't piss you off then as i don't fancy a stick over my head.
Seriously though i wouldn't worry about it to much.I need to get my eyes sorted and a pair of glasses.
If i had known i would have brought the hot drinks back for you.I only went for a walk to warm up.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I only thought grandads had them.I won't piss you off then as i don't fancy a stick over my head.
Seriously though i wouldn't worry about it to much.I need to get my eyes sorted and a pair of glasses.
If i had known i would have brought the hot drinks back for you.I only went for a walk to warm up.

All I need is a flat cap then I qualify as an old git and I can wave my walking stick at all the youngsters :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here