Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nice one Thicky...

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Don't you normally complain when McLeod plays?

How do you know Livermore has trained well this week, or is match fit? How do you even know if he's any good?

We need a defensive midfielder on the pitch, especially when they're as good going forward as they are, regardless of the score. We had plenty of attacking players on the pitch.

Carole looked threatening for the whole first half from the left. When Cox came on he took a central role, no width whatsoever. Virgo did not play right midfield, he swapped with El Abd.

I complain when McLeod plays rubbish. An assist with his last touch only increased the BEMUSEMENT as to why adams plays two right wingers on the left.

When I've seen Livermore play centre midfield he's done well. Also, 24 games in a promoted Championship side would suggest he's good enough to get ina shit League 1 side.

We need a defensive midfielder on the pitch - so why El-Abd? And why bring on another one?

Virgo - not a central player. El-abd - not a wide midfielder. Carole and Cox - would be more threatening on the right where they don't have to cut inside.

Not hard really is it?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Don't you normally complain when McLeod plays?

How do you know Livermore has trained well this week, or is match fit? How do you even know if he's any good?
We need a defensive midfielder on the pitch, especially when they're as good going forward as they are, regardless of the score. We had plenty of attacking players on the pitch.

Carole looked threatening for the whole first half from the left. When Cox came on he took a central role, no width whatsoever. Virgo did not play right midfield, he swapped with El Abd.

You dont play week-in-week-out in a team that has won promotion to the premiership by being shit do you?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
As I said on another thread an EXPERIENCED defender is a must, too many comedy gooals given away this season.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
New Players have improved the side.

Tactics and general game plan remained poor.

I hope we look a bit more organied against Carlisle.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
As I said on another thread an EXPERIENCED defender is a must, too many comedy gooals given away this season.

While I agree, I would argue the experienced defender also needs to be a big bastard, as the existing lot (bar Hawkins) really don't offer much physicality.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Sorry twat, you called it wrongwrongwrong this time. Peterborough are as good a team as we've seen at Withdean this season. They've been playing as a unit all season, they know the moves ands were well worth the win. No. 10 Boyd was a class and a half above anybody else on the pitch. We, on the other hand, are more or less a scratch side comprised of players who are playing together in earnest for the first time. IMHO it was a heartening performance. We won't meet a team as decent as Peterborough every week, and if we put out the same side in the piss pot it's easily good enough to rip Luton to absolute SHREDS. For me tonight the only embarrassing aspect was that all the new guys fought for the ball, played it well, looked like grown-up professional footballers, and all the homegrown players were the ones looking out of their depth and playing dumb hoofball.

Cant argue with that, especially the highlighted bit!!

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
Our in form striker played on the right - inspired.

El-abd ahead of Livermore - brilliant.

Fraser ahead of Livermore - genius

A defensive midfielder on when we're losing - fantastic

TWO right midfielders on the left wing - superb

...yet a left winger who set up our previous goal left on the bench until the 89th minute - awesome

Virgo right midfield as well - unbelievable.

So what are you complaining about Withdean Banker. You recognise that the selections were "brilliant", came from a "genius", "fantastic", "superb", "awsome" and "unbelievable." What more do you want? You leave me feeling as sick as a parrot.

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
New Players have improved the side.

Tactics and general game plan remained poor.

I hope we look a bit more organied against Carlisle.

Tactics and general game plan still poor and its nearly mid-february !
I keep reading comments on here alluding to us getting better and moving forward but are these just feel good quotes based on new players pepping up the side.
Has anything really changed on the training ground or at half time that fills you with confidence that we can can transform into a team aiming for the upper reaches of this division ?

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
...because tonight all I saw was a team showing lots of potential up against in my opinion what is the best attacking line-up in this league.
I think that flatters Peterborough but what they did show was the limitless value of having a team, the core of which have played together for some time, and some basic skills. We played well against them for long periods in the first half but were outdone by genuinely quality players.
Other than Forster, who was excellent, all our best players were the new boys and there was no-one on the bench who could have transformed that result, probably not even Livermore.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Sorry twat, you called it wrongwrongwrong this time. Peterborough are as good a team as we've seen at Withdean this season. They've been playing as a unit all season, they know the moves ands were well worth the win. No. 10 Boyd was a class and a half above anybody else on the pitch. We, on the other hand, are more or less a scratch side comprised of players who are playing together in earnest for the first time. IMHO it was a heartening performance. We won't meet a team as decent as Peterborough every week, and if we put out the same side in the piss pot it's easily good enough to rip Luton to absolute SHREDS. For me tonight the only embarrassing aspect was that all the new guys fought for the ball, played it well, looked like grown-up professional footballers, and all the homegrown players were the ones looking out of their depth and playing dumb hoofball.

Totally agree with this assessment of the game. Peterboro are very good side indeed and this is not a performance to beat ourselves up about, I have seen much, much worse this season. The performance of the new players was very encouraging, and THPP is right when he says they are showing up the homegrown players.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Tony Bloom must be feeling like a mug right now.

Our in form striker played on the right - inspired.

El-abd ahead of Livermore - brilliant.

Fraser ahead of Livermore - genius

A defensive midfielder on when we're losing - fantastic

TWO right midfielders on the left wing - superb

...yet a left winger who set up our previous goal left on the bench until the 89th minute - awesom

Virgo right midfield as well - unbelievable.

Shame there's nobody unemployed who would realistically do a better job, because with tactical heroics like that, we're going DOWN.

Load of bollox say no more

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

The posh were a good side.Once they got going after half an hour you could quite easily see why they were 3rd in the league.
At half time myeslf and Bulldog felt we needed to revert to 4-4-2 as they were getting on top of us in midfield.Seb Carole was class in the first half then completely disappeared 2nd half.I thought Sully had a poor game along with Virgo.We definitely need a top draw midfielder like Boyd in our team if we want to challenge next year.Apart from that the signs were good and even know we lost i quite enjoyed the game.
Poor turn out from both sets of fans as well.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Peterborough lost 1-0 at Huddersfield last game.If they were that good they would have thrashed them.I cant believe Adams after the game gives it the 'Carlisle are no Peterborough'.What if we lose saturday?.
I dont want to sound too negative but we are still in trouble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here