Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nice one DAVE........

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
£21bn package of tax cuts.

Reducing the basic income tax rate from 22% to 20%.

Scrapping the 10p starting tax rate and raising tax-free earnings

Abolish stamp duty on shares, cutting business taxes and replacing inheritance tax with a "capital gains tax on death" - which would not be levied on family homes.

And best of all, nothing for Asylum seekers until they prove they are genuine.

Looks like BROWN better find himself some alternative employment.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
:thumbsup:

Although none of these ideas are policy yet. I'd also like to see stamp duty for first time buyers scrapped and an increase in stamp duty for second homes.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
:lolol:

No chance those numptys will get in power again after last time. Especially as Labour are doing a reasonable job and most people are happy with them (you only really hear the anti's as they shout loudest)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I cant remember who said it on here but I can "hear a thousand left wings flapping"

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Rougvie said:
£21bn package of tax cuts.

Reducing the basic income tax rate from 22% to 20%.

Scrapping the 10p starting tax rate and raising tax-free earnings

Abolish stamp duty on shares, cutting business taxes and replacing inheritance tax with a "capital gains tax on death" - which would not be levied on family homes.

And best of all, nothing for Asylum seekers until they prove they are genuine.

Looks like BROWN better find himself some alternative employment.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Yes, except that's what he's said he ISN'T going to do. Not yet, anyway. Problem?

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
Presumably Cameron has £21bn of loose change down the back of his sofa.

:jester:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Dougal said:

No chance those numptys will get in power again after last time. Especially as Labour are doing a reasonable job and most people are happy with them (you only really hear the anti's as they shout loudest)

i do beleive sir you are wrong on this occasion.
Other than a major f*** up the Tories are in already in my opinion.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Dougal said:

No chance those numptys will get in power again after last time....

That's what they said about Labour after their efforts in the 70s.

1,000,000 on the streets of London is not exactley a small statement by the antis either.

Whilst the Labour government has done a very good job of handling he economy (due to inheriting a very good one from the Tories and then handing power over to the Bank of England) it has failed to deliver in a number of other areas.

They are currently looking to close an number of hospital departments in our area. A&E and Maternity wards!!! Nothing too important then.

Where Labour has recently been much better than the Tories is their solidarity. The war changed that setting a record for back bench rebellion. They were also seen as less corrupt than the Tories. Well, Blunkett and cash for honours and Blair's wife have put paid to that.

They certainly can't take the moral high ground over the tories anymore. Last but not least we KNOW Blair won't be incharge come the next election and yet we still don't KNOW who we will be voting for! What he's like or what he stands for.

Make no mistake the Tories are making serious inroads into the Labour majority. Should be in interesting general election.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Marshy said:
i do beleive sir you are wrong on this occasion.
Other than a major f*** up the Tories are in already in my opinion.

If Blair was staying, I'd probably agree with you, but I think Brown (assuming it is he) will get the benefit of the doubt. I don't support/trust either side but I don't really think Brown is leadership material IMO.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Same old equation.

£21b given back here,£21b cutbacks there.

Same old Tories.

Same old rubbish.

Up the Albion!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Amazing isn't it? After how long of messing about in opposition, finally the Tories get a nice, affable, erm, Etonian (for all the many forelock tuggers out there) who says nothing about anything much at all but - aw, he has a disabled daughter and doesn't like the BNP. That's nice.

So when, finally, they start to put a little meat on the bones of policy, what's the big idea? Tax cuts. Brilliant. Tax cuts again. Back to boom and bust. Without, incidentally, deigning to specify where the money to fund them is coming from (the NHS again? Teachers again?).

What's their next big idea going to be? The Poll Tax? Returning to the Gold Standard perhaps? Or maybe something to do with the Corn Laws?

f***ing useless posh ****ing arseholes. I'm a Labour supporter and think the country and Labour NEED a better opposition than this pathetic shower. Unbelievable.

Last edited:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Man of Harveys said:
Amazing isn't it? After how long of messing about in opposition, finally the Tories get a nice, affable, erm, Etonian (for all the many forelock tuggers out there) who says nothing about anything much at all but - aw, he has a disabled daughter and doesn't like the BNP. That's nice.

So when, finally, they start to put a little meat on the bones of policy, what's the big idea? Tax cuts. Brilliant. Tax cuts again. Back to boom and bust. Without, incidentally, deigning to specify where the money to fund them is coming from (the NHS again? Teachers again?).

What's their next big idea going to be? The Poll Tax? Returning to the Gold Standard perhaps? Or maybe something to do with the Corn Laws?

f***ing useless posh ****ing arseholes. I'm a Labour supporter and think the country and Labour NEED a better opposition than this pathetic shower. Unbelievable.

What he said. Except it's his son who's disabled, not his daughter.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Man of Harveys said:

Very well put, sums it up nicely :clap: :clap: :clap:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I'll be better off under the tories so naturally I will vote for them.

Its the middle bracket earners on £50,000 or so that subsidise New Labours continual f*** ups and handouts.

We are squeezed more and more every year, it has to end sometime.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
What I would like to see is one of the party be honest, and state that they will either run the NHS properly, or let a consortia take it over with it still be free at the point of delivery.

I can only speak from personal experience, but the moral at the RSCH, is at an all time low. Ward mangers and their number twos are having to re apply for their jobs at present, as two wards are closing. That tied in with the lack of social care or rehab places in the community, adds to what is continually called bed blocking.

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
Rougvie said:

Its the middle bracket earners on £50,000 or so that subsidise New Labours continual f*** ups and handouts.

We are squeezed more and more every year, it has to end sometime.

Agreed. They should also consider making private health and education tax deductable and therefore more affordable to the masses. The same ammount of money would flow around the economy just it would be in the hands of private individuals rather than thieving, wasteful and lying politicians.

I really cannot believe that anyone thinks that Brown has done a good job of managing the economy - unless they have become one of the millions of new benefit recipients.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Rougvie said:
Aw, I'm getting all nostalgic now.

Is that REALLY the NEW solution for the Tories? The same as the old one?

For the rich to grab as much cash as they can, then stand back and wonder why no money ever gets spent on schools, or hospitals, or transport, or policing, or public services? While there's no investment? Is that really a good new idea?

Then swiftly f*** off to the Costa del crime when the daughter gets mugged - because, strangely enough, when you tell people there's no such thing as society, some of them actually ACT like there's no such thing as society - whilst moaning loudly that the "countries gone to the dogs". :lolol:

If this 80s revival really starts up, I'm going to buy a pair of sky blue Lois cords and a Sergio Tacchini t-shirt from Wisdens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here