Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nice one DAVE........

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Sonic The Hedgehog said:
Presumably Cameron has £21bn of loose change down the back of his sofa.

:jester:

Not by the time Blair / Brown have blown it in Afghanistan / Iraq in the name of Bush's war on terror:nono:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
From what I heard about the report the tories adopted all the crap policies and ignored the good ones.:)

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Hannibal smith said:
Whilst Wards closing are clearly a bad thing, Its not such a bad state of affairs if Ward managers and their deputies are being asked to re-apply for their jobs. What on earth does a ward manager do? My experience of the NHS is an army of people wandering around with clipboards whose responsibilities seem to extend to drinking coffee and munching on chocolate. Meanwhile, consultants and nurses look like they haven’t slept for 24 hours and on the verge on a nervous breakdown with a workload which would stretch anyone. Anything that reduces the administrative burden and may increase numbers of staff that actually do work – I’m all for it.

As for the Tory policies – Looks like the Daily Mail, Tebbit and the like have got want they wanted. Tax cuts. Brilliant. The footballing equivalent of resorting to the long ball tactic after 15 minutes.

Hannibal. Ward mangers and their deputies re the people who run the wards, and teach and inspire new nurses who join. It's the "clipboards" who have crushed them under a weight of bureaucracy.

By the way. I am now hopefully returning to the wards, after 10 months of having a clipboard, and looking forward to being a ward member, and part of a team.

Barrel of Fun said:
On second thoughts, I think it is more disappointment in Harold. Fancy stopping a battle because you have got something in your eye. Wimp!

As it happened HAROLD did carry on, so did all of the remaining soldiers around him. He was butchered to death on the battlefield and under the 'Bastards instructions mutilated.

Vichy sympathiser!

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
...and there's another thing. How do people reach the conclusion that government policy is responsible for house prices?

The price of ANYTHING is controlled by supply and demand. And who controls policy on house building, planning permission and job creation?

Prices are high in the South East because everyone wants to live here because it's where all the jobs are and because NIMBYs tend to try to block new housing developments. Prices are low in Hull because it's a shithole. Tell me how the government ISN'T responsible for that?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Well my 2 economics degrees compares to what? Your pile of read copies of the Guardian?

Yea Right.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Guinness Boy said:
Prices are high in the South East because everyone wants to live here because it's where all the jobs are and because NIMBYs tend to try to block new housing developments. Prices are low in Hull because it's a shithole. Tell me how the government ISN'T responsible for that?

But prices have still rocketed in Hull.

Are you accusing Labour of deliberately neglecting the north in favour of the south? :lolol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
looney said:
Well my 2 economics degrees compares to what? Your pile of read copies of the Guardian?

Yea Right.

But everyone knows that economics degrees are a pile of wank

El Presidente BA (Econ)

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Dover said:
Hannibal. Ward mangers and their deputies re the people who run the wards, and teach and inspire new nurses who join. It's the "clipboards" who have crushed them under a weight of bureaucracy.

By the way. I am now hopefully returning to the wards, after 10 months of having a clipboard, and looking forward to being a ward member, and part of a team.

You obviously know more than I about what ward managers do. I think we agree with the general theory Less clipboards and more nurses / Doctors / Consultants = Better NHS.

Most people complain about hospitals because they wait an hour and a half for a blood test (Happened to me a couple of weeks back) or they turn up for an appointment and wait in reception for up to 2 hours. If some of these basics could be sorted out, it would change the public perception for the better. Having been in and out of hospital for 7 years I can see things are improving but just a small bit of professionism could go a long way to making a big difference.

Good luck as a ward member.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
El Presidente said:
But everyone knows that economics degrees are a pile of wank

El Presidente BA (Econ)

ah what a releif to know, I just thought you were copying my posts.

looney BSc(Hons:salute:) P/GDip MA

:)

You know what BSc stands for?

qqqqojnorl9.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Auditor said:
Too many on here are too young to remember the 1980s...if they did they wouldnt be voting Tory

Also if they were older they would remember the Harold MacMillan statement ' you've never had it so good' and how true he was. The early eighties were the boom time of this country but we, like the rest of the western world, had to suffer in later years. We are now still paying for this due to the incompetance of Tony BLIAR and his governement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here