Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nice new BNP branch in Brighton...

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
According to Hope not Hate website the BNP are launching their Brighton branch at The Branch Tavern tonight in London Rd. It's like the bloody 80's all over again, Fascists marching on the streets, BNP popping up everywhere (though thankfuly falling ob their arses), mass unemployment, negative equity, collapsing businesses, soaring prices, and worst of all a bloody conservative govmt. It's like Thatcher never went away.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
According to Hope not Hate website the BNP are launching their Brighton branch at The Branch Tavern tonight in London Rd. It's like the bloody 80's all over again, Fascists marching on the streets, BNP popping up everywhere (though thankfuly falling ob their arses), mass unemployment, negative equity, collapsing businesses, soaring prices, and worst of all a bloody conservative govmt. It's like Thatcher never went away.

I don't think it's quite that bad is it?

Besides, the last march down here by right winger types was quite pathetically attended. They're wasting their time in this city. Unfortunately I don't think it's 100% the case elsewhere, but only the terminally stupid could possibly think it necessary to vote BNP in Brighton & Hove.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I guess how bad it is depends on what side of the employment line one happens to find themselves on.

"only the terminally stupid could possibly think it necessary to vote BNP in Brighton & Hove". well yes but only the Terminally stupid would vote BNP anyway.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I guess how bad it is depends on what side of the employment line one happens to find themselves on.

...or how far over the line defining you as terminally stupid! (Stealing from the comment made by Edna)

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Quite, I'm not worried, I just don't like it as a symptom of the way this country is headed if you know what I mean? I may be being paranoid, too much This Is england and photos of 80's Britain that I sifted through today!

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove

Torries having to sort out a Labour mess again then.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Quite, I'm not worried, I just don't like it as a symptom of the way this country is headed if you know what I mean? I may be being paranoid, too much This Is england and photos of 80's Britain that I sifted through today!

We had a recession at the start of the 1990s as well and there weren't riots on the streets then :thumbsup:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Bit disappointing to hear it's the Branch - that was my dad's place for boozing in his single days. As a dedicated fighter against the fascists, he'd have been horrified.

Thankfully, as Edna says, B&H is a city where they're going to get zilch in terms of votes

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It's like the bloody 80's all over again, Fascists marching on the streets, BNP popping up everywhere (though thankfuly falling ob their arses), mass unemployment, negative equity, collapsing businesses, soaring prices, and worst of all a bloody conservative govmt. It's like Thatcher never went away.

Indeed, with a failing Labour government preceeding a Tory government that had to fix the country. How history repreats itself.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Don't make the mistake of thinking that because the Labour government f***ed up that Tory by default are going to be anything but the Tory's of old, persecuting the poorer in society and bolstering the rich.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I am anti Tory but don't have any illusions that Labour were anything but a massive f*** up towards the end, however they did more good in a decade than Tory's have ever done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here