Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next Seasons away kit - what colours would you choose?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
fc-barcelona-away-09-10.jpg

I really like that - matching socks and black shorts?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Just out of interest, did we have a rarely used white kit in the early 1980s?

Saw this on a match day programme:

31263.jpg

Why isn't that shirt yellow?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
we wore a very smart long sleeved white shirt with a blue trim in the early 70's I'm sure - I can picture Howard Wilkinson crossing from the left for Ken Beamish to score with a header in front of the South Stand..................................................oh dear I'm off on one again :lol:

edit: It was 1970/1971 home kit

Brighton Hove Albion - Historical Football Kits

not sure how reliable my memory is though? The records say that Howard left in '71 (although I thought he was in the promotion side 71/72) and Ken arrived in March '72 - the picture in my head says they overlapped but..............................

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Albion = white, cliffs = white, chalk =white, seagulls = white with a little grey. But also see the signature.

dac1980

Sep 20, 2011
only ever appeared twice- hom friendly v Spurs and away at swansea in 1996. And I think you can only change the design of a shirt after two seasons.............................................could be wrong tho!

football_shirt_94_1_600x560x0.jpg

This was the first Albion shirt I had as a kid, loved it and still do, bring this design back in the new style.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
The 'inter-milan' kit is one of my favourite away kits ever, alongside the palookaville shirt. The problem is they both required us to introduce a third kit. I like the fact that we have only had two shirts this season. It feels that, unlike other clubs, we aren't trying to rip our fans off - even though the away kit is only a one-season wonder

I also love the fantastic luminous green shorts that get worn with the away kit when the black shorts clash.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Our colours are not green or red, they are BLUE and WHITE.

So we should ALWAYS wear our blue and white stripes except where there is an away clash.

Then we should wear a white shirt with a blue flash.

Stop messing around with all these non-Albion colours. They just make us look like some bunch of johnny foreigners.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton

So we should ALWAYS wear our blue and white stripes except where there is an away clash.

Stop messing around with all these non-Albion colours. They just make us look like some bunch of johnny foreigners.

Surely it's a LOT saner to have an away shirt (or at least a third kit) that's not blue and white? Even teams with very well known colours (Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, Newcastle, etc...) have alternate colours away and third kits, just to completely avoid clashes.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

extra_football_shirt_5693_2.jpg

How Albion do you want?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
we wore a very smart long sleeved white shirt with a blue trim in the early 70's I'm sure - I can picture Howard Wilkinson crossing from the left for Ken Beamish to score with a header in front of the South Stand..................................................oh dear I'm off on one again :lol:

edit: It was 1970/1971 home kit

Brighton Hove Albion - Historical Football Kits

not sure how reliable my memory is though? The records say that Howard left in '71 (although I thought he was in the promotion side 71/72) and Ken arrived in March '72 - the picture in my head says they overlapped but..............................

the late 70's kit is still the very best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here