Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next player in - André "Titi" Buengo?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Heard from a very, very reliable source that we're talking to Angolan striker Titi Buengo currently at Tours FC. 31 years old, was in the Angola world cup squad but didn't get on the pitch.

People can look through my started threads, never made up rumours before. :thumbsup:

Who told you this?

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Are you mad? 500K for a bench warming, occasionally used sub?

It's that kind of thinking that sent much bigger clubs than us into administration. I can't see Tony Bloom allowing Gus to waste 500K plus wages on a sub. Maybe get him in on a free and not much in the way of wages and it'd still be a gamble on somebody who changes clubs every year-why does that happen? Is he trouble? Certainly not worth spending half a million on to find out.

I said BELOW 500k. Of course spending 500k for a bench warmer is ridiculous

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I said BELOW 500k. Of course spending 500k for a bench warmer is ridiculous

How much below did you have in mind? 20K? 200K 450K? Why mention 500K?

Paying anything for a seldom used player is stupidity itself.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I would say he's exactly the type of striker we need to play with Barnes, Hoskins and Buckley (3 of our 4 forwards) but I'd hope this 4th player would be the star, start every game and link all the forwards in player. We need a striker (fast unit capable of playing upfront on his own sometimes) not yet more forwards.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
How much below did you have in mind? 20K? 200K 450K? Why mention 500K?

Paying anything for a seldom used player is stupidity itself.

We bought Hoskins for 500k, and some people are already suggesting that he might not be the main striker, so anything BELOW that would mean this guy is not the main striker either and may be on the bench more often or not, on the other hand he could turn out to be a hit and start every game. Signing any player is always a risk and I will trust any decision Gus and Tony will make. Like other people have said in this thread 200-400k would be a good price for someone his age and unproven in English football but 500k would be too much.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Like other people have said in this thread 200-400k would be a good price for someone his age and unproven in English football

WTF - I would be beyond surprised if we paid a six figure fee for someone with his somewhat modest credentials.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
I would say he's exactly the type of striker we need to play with Barnes, Hoskins and Buckley (3 of our 4 forwards) but I'd hope this 4th player would be the star, start every game and link all the forwards in player. We need a striker (fast unit capable of playing upfront on his own sometimes) not yet more forwards.

I don't think Buckley is counted as a 'forward'. I fully expect 2 more strikers to join the first team squad. Obviously Buckley can play up front, but I feel he'll be utilised down the wing.

Let's get Titi on board, followed by a £1m+ striker. That would do us nicely.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
He was certainly MILKING them goal celebrations.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Would we lose him when the African Nations Cup is on?

Not 100% sure either way tbh.

Yes, he was in the world cup but 2 caps for somebody is 31 suggests he's not very likely to play. :shrug:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Hmmm... we do need someone who can head the ball, and he certainly looks like he can do that... maybe, just maybe, there's some truth in this...

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
this is the latest from that rumour site

09 Jun 2011 14:25:07

Brighton to sign young striker Adrian Van De Meer from non league sussex side Heathfield for free.
Van de Meer with the shape of the famous chelsea keeper fatty foulkes and the face of the elephant man will make Ian Dowie look like a model.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
No chance of him being the record signing, no more than 200k, looks a player who'll put themselves about and can head a ball, would make sence with Noone, and now Buckley coming in

Mints

Banned
May 24, 2011
Maybe he will be Gus' signature signing - Owen and Heskey were just red herrings. In Gus we trust.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Wouldn't cost much at all, Ligue 2 is piss poor in general, shown by the fact Arles Avignon even managed to get promoted out of it. Probably equivalent to League 1 over here.
At 31, if this rumours even true, i'd say 150k would do it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here