Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next Installment of writing from Brighton. Set in the Shark Club

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I am trying to track down some old choons from the day to help me write. got any favorites? I must confess that when it came to music I was into and in bands around the same time and most of my music collection revolves around that. Never really knew what i was dancing to until big beat.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
was the Shark Club called the Shark club before it got done up? Or did they change the name? Anyway, used to go regularly to a night called Bingo Bongo there. Loved that.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
was the Shark Club called the Shark club before it got done up? Or did they change the name? Anyway, used to go regularly to a night called Bingo Bongo there. Loved that.

At last someone else remembers it. I thought I had hallucinated the whole thing. It was definately after the shark bar (or possible at the same time) but before it became The Beach? or what ever that horrid place was called

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
Tonka was great. Sven vath till 8am, lots of big nights on a monday..

Hate to break to to you, but we're talking nearer 20 years ago now.. :(
:rave:

OMG, your right, i keep forgetting i am the wrong side of 30 now... 40 here i come!!

i would love to try and recreate one of those nights, but i wouldn't know where to get hold of mitsi's these days... (or what ever they are called these days) God it has been so long since i have been wide eyed and had a clenched jaw...

Oh Happy days

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
At last someone else remembers it. I thought I had hallucinated the whole thing. It was definately after the shark bar (or possible at the same time) but before it became The Beach? or what ever that horrid place was called

ahh, ok, I couldn't remember what it became when they did it all up. Tim Jefferies was the resident DJ and they'd get big Djs in like Oakenfold. Also around that time, I always used to really like Fabio Paras.

There was a dancefloor, with the DJs on a balcony, a long bar stretching back and the toilets were right at the back up some stairs, which used to become like a very unpleasant waterfall

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
ahh, ok, I couldn't remember what it became when they did it all up. Tim Jefferies was the resident DJ and they'd get big Djs in like Oakenfold. Also around that time, I always used to really like Fabio Paras.

There was a dancefloor, with the DJs on a balcony, a long bar stretching back and the toilets were right at the back up some stairs, which used to become like a very unpleasant waterfall

That's the fella. Yeah i remember Oakenfold, Weatherall, Smoking Jo and various other top names. The water fall down that narrow dark corridor to the toilets was quite disgusting.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
I am trying to track down some old choons from the day to help me write. got any favorites? I must confess that when it came to music I was into and in bands around the same time and most of my music collection revolves around that. Never really knew what i was dancing to until big beat.

if we are talking about the same time here are some tracks I remember from then

[yt]Fv121Rdm3xs[/yt]

[yt]_FGurjolu5w&feature=related[/yt]

[yt]E4dSRpSnPOU[/yt]

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
and I'm pretty sure that somewhere I have a cassette recorded from one of the nights I went to there.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
not sure if it was at the Shark Club but I still remember (obviously not THAT well) Weatherall playing this for the first time

[yt]X-Lxp8PcZz4[/yt]

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
not sure if it was at the Shark Club but I still remember (obviously not THAT well) Weatherall playing this for the first time

[yt]X-Lxp8PcZz4[/yt]

these are excellent Al thanks. I am loving the last one.

Last edited:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
some 'hits' from that time

[yt]ZRUT2YMPH2A&feature=related[/yt]

[yt]6OnYa2Gt0CY&feature=related[/yt]

[yt]rs8MyAAsjSo[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here