Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next Installment of writing from Brighton. Set in the Shark Club

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Loving this thread, but ain't getting any cleaning done!! missus'll go nuts if i do this all day but can't resist these old tewns, it's bringing it all back. Dark sweaty, dindgy Brighton clubs in the early 90's.

[yt]Dwt7bue5vt4[/yt]

Always took the piss out of this type of stuff, not hard or nasty enought!! But on the right night it was just the ticket. I remember my mates panicking at Sterm one night because they thought i'd got lost in the underground and never returned. I'd found a girl and was 'gaying' it up on the top floor. Absoultely top night!

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
sorry to resurrect this thread but I came across this on youtube, featuring the shark club

[yt]O0tdflvbTJQ[/yt]

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Corking find AP :D

I wasn't really a Shark boy, more The Zap, and good to see it featured too (and thats how i remember it, STOMPING !)

Ben Gill - (RIP) Went to his 'wake/party' which had that great flyer 'BIG BLACK COX' with the great man himself playing at Oriana's.
Wildchild (also RIP) and Wildfruit - great days.

:rave:

I wasn't really a Shark boy, more The Zap, and good to see it featured too (and thats how i remember it, STOMPING !)

Ben Gill - (RIP) Went to his 'wake/party' which had that great flyer 'BIG BLACK COX' with the great man himself playing at Oriana's.

I remember being in rounder once when this young lad was listening to a chewn that was being played, when it finished he asked me what I thought of it? My reply.."it's alright, nothing special!" After he told me that he'd made it. I felt a bit embarrassed even more so after he'd left and me mate Smudge who worked there told me he was Wildchild. Needless to say the tune was huge and i had to eat a large slice of humble!! The tewn in question..."Jump to the beat"

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Nice 1 AP. That properly takes me back! I was at the "Big Black Cox" in Orianas that night. I shared a house with one of the boys from positive Sounds. We put on the after party in Shoreham later that night.

Positive sounds were great f***ing partiesTrickyOne, thank you for your involvement in some of the best nights of my life.

Positive sounds were great f***ing partiesTrickyOne, thank you for your involvement in some of the best nights of my life.

TBH buddie, I was just the gimp that helped lump the P.A around when they needed. Did you ever go to the old Irish club on the seafront, can't remember what it became?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
TBH buddie, I was just the gimp that helped lump the P.A around when they needed. Did you ever go to the old Irish club on the seafront, can't remember what it became?

Was that The Beachcombers at one point? It went by many names over the years I think.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

Dom

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Terrible what happened to Dom.

Bens in APs video from f*** knows when he looks about 12. That video is brilliant a few familiar faces in there.

Cant say i knew him that well at all really, he was my brothers mate, but i used to love UYL.

Wildchild was living with my other (step) brother when he died; wont talk about it at all, ever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here