Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next Installment of writing from Brighton. Set in the Shark Club

ripper

Jul 5, 2003
was the Shark Club called the Shark club before it got done up? Or did they change the name? Anyway, used to go regularly to a night called Bingo Bongo there. Loved that.

I also used to go to Bingo Bongo at the Shark most Saturdays. Like you I have a tape somewhere. I think they were giving them out one new years.

Sure I remember seeing Norman Cook playing down there in his pre Fatboy days too.

ripper

Jul 5, 2003
Also used to go to Red at the Zap, Tonka occasionally and some night at the Reform although I can't remeber the name of that.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
I also used to go to Bingo Bongo at the Shark most Saturdays. Like you I have a tape somewhere. I think they were giving them out one new years.

Sure I remember seeing Norman Cook playing down there in his pre Fatboy days too.

I bought mine in a record shop. Really want to listen to it now.

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
OOOOOH - this thread is bringing back good memories, not sure if I could handle an eddie these days, would be good to go back in time for one night though!

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
I'll try not to get carried away, awesome times.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Remember being of my nuts to ....The Grid ...Floatation (weatherall mix) many a time and stil occasionaly ..not sure how to put the u tube thing up ut sure you guys can ta.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Anyone remember the ol' Frock and Jacket? sure it was the pre-"Use your loaf" crew.

Have they still got the plaque in memory of Andy Crock in there (or whatever it's called now)
I went to his 'wake' party at MoS.

Glam hells party - great tune - similar to Usura - open your mind

Loving this thread, but ain't getting any cleaning done!! missus'll go nuts if i do this all day but can't resist these old tewns, it's bringing it all back. Dark sweaty, dindgy Brighton clubs in the early 90's.

[yt]Dwt7bue5vt4[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here