Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Next Brighton manager

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You made a sweeping generalisation about Italians and followed it up with another one about South Americans and Spaniards. I’m glad that Tony bloom doesn’t make the same assumptions about entire races as you do

Next you’ll be telling me the Germans don’t make good cars and Italians eat pineapple on pizza

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is Bloom ready to deal with an Italian after Poyet ?

That's a very odd post.

If you'd written 'is he ready to deal with a black man after Hughton?' people would draw only one conclusion.

And besides, what you've actually written is equivalent to 'is he ready to deal with an Italian after Hughton?'.

Apart from that, I have no idea what you're on about :lolol:

levs

Jul 10, 2017
Next you’ll be telling me the Germans don’t make good cars and Italians eat pineapple on pizza

There’s a difference between associating entire populations with a negative characteristic and highlighting a nations accomplishments

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There a difference between associating entire populations with a negative characteristic and highlighting a nations accomplishments

Being passionate / fiery isn’t negative characteristic.

Have a day off mate, go for a walk the suns out

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
You made a sweeping generalisation about Italians and followed it up with another one about South Americans and Spaniards. I’m glad that Tony bloom doesn’t make the same assumptions about entire races as you do

:ffsparr:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
TB managed to find an Englishman who is slim, hairy and with multiple teeth, so surely he could find an Italian who is calm and collected.

Probably be better off with someone from the Nordics

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Or maybe assess them based on their individual strengths and weaknesses rather than their nationality

Indeed and their personality type will also play a part I’d imagine. Anyway I think you’re taking this far to seriously

levs

Jul 10, 2017
Indeed and their personality type will also play a part I’d imagine. Anyway I think you’re taking this far to seriously

If you didn’t want an explanation about how your comments were racist you shouldn’t have asked for one

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Yes I’m aware of that but I’d lump together Italians , South Americans , Spanish as fiery personalities

You missed out Gingers and pre-menstrual women. I suppose it's Maupays Argentine heritage rather than his Frenchness that makes him a bit fiery?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
If you didn’t want an explanation about how your comments were racist you shouldn’t have asked for one

Blimey. I bet your a barrel of laughs!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You missed out Gingers and pre-menstrual women. I suppose it's Maupays Argentine heritage rather than his Frenchness that makes him a bit fiery?

Well actually Maupay himself credits his fiery personality from his Argentinian mum, so yes.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

You have to admit, the French do like a good riot every now and then!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Accusations of racism for that - snowflaking at its finest

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_stereotype

If you say someone is unlikely to hire someone because of their nationality or ethnicity having a reputation for hot headedness, that is at least saying Tony Bloom would use racial discrimination as part of his selection process. Then pretty much lumping in anyone in the Spanish speaking world plus Italians as all having the same fiery personalities, how is that not racist?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Well actually Maupay himself credits his fiery personality from his Argentinian mum, so yes.

Oh thank God for that, I thought we might have to extend the list of unsuitable nations to hire from to France as well.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I have a French friend who calls HIMSELF a ‘cheese eating surrender monkey’. He also bangs on about the English lacking in passion and that we have a ‘stiff upper lip’ because we drink too much tea!

Do I get offended? No.

levs

Jul 10, 2017
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_stereotype

If you say someone is unlikely to hire someone because of their nationality or ethnicity having a reputation for hot headedness, that is at least saying Tony Bloom would use racial discrimination as part of his selection process. Then pretty much lumping in anyone in the Spanish speaking world plus Italians as all having the same fiery personalities, how is that not racist?

Absolutely bang on, but I think we’re wasting our time to be honest. Your factual and evidence based response will just be dismissed as “boring” or “woke”

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I have a French friend who calls HIMSELF a ‘cheese eating surrender monkey’. He also bangs on about the English lacking in passion and that we have a ‘stiff upper lip’ because we drink too much tea!

Do I get offended? No.

A couple of posters on here will be more than happy to speak to your racist mate by the look of it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here