• Barack Obama

Votes: 85 69.7%
  • Don't give a shit

Votes: 12 9.8%

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Can anyone give me a run down on the policy differences between the Democrats and the Republicans, or should I just vote based on personality?

i glad someone has highlighted one of the biggest problems with this US presidencial election. speaking to Americans i know this comes across very strongly, they arent voting on issues or policy but on personality. for many, even democrats, its "anyone but Hilary", but no actuall reason for that. as it is now, the chioce is "Change" (but to what?) vs "safe old boy" (but will he last to term?).

...Obama ...I hope will remove (or at least weaken) the Trade Agreements that protect the US markets
hes American first though, weaken at best.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Clinton refusing to concede just sums up the rabid control-hungry freak that she is. Fantastic that Obama won the day, one in the eye for all the rednecks and 'good old boys,' and hopefully he can go all the way.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Also regardless of race, colour or creed there's something about Obama I just do not like or trust.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Fantastic that Obama won the day, one in the eye for all the rednecks and 'good old boys,' and hopefully he can go all the way.

I take the opposite view. I expect all of the rednecks and good ol' boys can't wait to kick some black butt and put on a whoopin'.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm looking forward to the first GAY US president. They wouldn't have any need for the White House / Black House, they'd just shift the operation to Camp David.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
For every black or Hispanic voter motivated to elect Obama there will be some hick just as eager to keep the black man out of the White House. Sad, but true.

One balancing point needs to be made here. The UK hasn't exactly covered itself in glory re getting memebers of ethinic minorities to prominent positions.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
For every black or Hispanic voter motivated to elect Obama there will be some hick just as eager to keep the black man out of the White House. Sad, but true.

One balancing point needs to be made here. The UK hasn't exactly covered itself in glory re getting memebers of ethinic minorities to prominent positions.
rubbish, they just havent been up to the (poor )standard of incumbent politicians

True.

However, the demographics are not remotely similar and we do not have whole black cities unlike the good ole USA.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
There is NO chance whatsoever of the USA electing a Black president. It will not happen. Nothing to do with politics this one.

yeh i agree, i think everyones forgetting what a racist country they can be. Fair enough he won the vote with Democrat voters, but Republicans are very different people. Personally i think Clinton should have been the next president. It also worries me that McCan is an army bloke, not good having another war lord idiot in charge.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003

I can only think of Paul Boateng as the only black cabinet minister? Now he is long gone..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here