• Barack Obama

Votes: 85 69.7%
  • Don't give a shit

Votes: 12 9.8%

• Total voters

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
For every black or Hispanic voter motivated to elect Obama there will be some hick just as eager to keep the black man out of the White House. Sad, but true.

One balancing point needs to be made here. The UK hasn't exactly covered itself in glory re getting memebers of ethinic minorities to prominent positions.
what is the difference between the so called "hicks" who vote to keep obama out i.e they will vote for a white person " one of their own" and the blacks who will vote for obama "one of their own " are you seriously telling me that obama hasnt GAINED a massive amount of votes because of his colour ?? im not saying either set are right , i just object to the blacks/obama can do no wrong mindset

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
McCain.

Obama is too much of a risk and he lacks the connections with the establishment and business that you need in the USA to get things done. Also, foreign policy-wise, the American advance in Iraq is progressing pretty well at the moment and I worry about BO pulling out troops before the job is finished (whatever you may think of the original going to war). Heaven forbid he let the Taliban get back in power in Afghanistan too.

McCain is a hell of a lot different to George Bush and shouldn't be tarnished as being similar just becuase he is a Republican. He's fairly central in terms of his politics, he's much more pro-environmental and much more of an internationalist than Bush too. I think he has the best chance of improving the US both for his own people and the world at large.

MOG

Miserable Old Git
Dec 16, 2007
Off My Trolley.
how long before he stops a bullet ??

Very good point. Barak Hussein Obama Jr is is perceived to be a murtadd by parts of the Muslim world. This is because his father Barak Hussein Obama Sr was a Muslim who later converted to Christianity. The timing of this conversion is unclear (Jr claims it was before he was born), but that won't stop the fanatics.

Some quotes:-

If Obama once was a Muslim, he is now what Islamic law calls a murtadd (apostate), an ex-Muslim converted to another religion who must be executed. Were he elected president of the United States, this status, clearly, would have large potential implications for his relationship with the Muslim world.

A fitri murtad is one who was born of Muslim parents (or at least one parent) and then rejects Islam. If he rejects Islam, then, according to the fatawa of our maraji (including Ayatullahs al-Khu'i and Khumayni) he
is to be killed.

The punishment prescribed above is to be applied when a person voluntarily renounces Islam.

The blood of a Muslim is illicit to shed except for one of three reasons: a married adulterer must be stoned; one who wilfully commits murder must be put to death; and a man who comes out of Islam and fights Allah and His Prophet must be put to death or crucified or banished from the earth.

In Islamic law (sharia), the consensus view is that a male apostate must be put to death unless he suffers from a mental disorder or converted under duress, for example, due to an imminent danger of being killed.

If he does get elected then the USA had better hope that he selects a good VP.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
McCain. He's white and it is America.

exactly my thoughts, even though Mr.Chips will be 'George Bush Part III' the fact that Obama is black will swing the vote away from him.
Racism is strong in the US much like our dislike of the SCUM!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I think Obama will come out on top. With Clinton his tear-happy, boggle-eyed sidekick he can encourage a vote from a slightly enlivened youth across America who have a brief hunger for change. And the greater the economic turmoil the States experience the more likely they are to vote for something different that may offer a way out, just the same as with those empty-hearted voters who'd opt for Cameron or the BNP here now because of a global credit crunch and other gassy terms.
The interesting thing for me recently has been how the gaffes made by the rival leaders have been related to their churches or to shaking hands and looking for the support of a vicar claiming the holocaust was a worthy punishment. Each politician has to look unfeeling and policyless, but caring and a foreseer of the future that will treat us all best. Yet it is this stillness and frozen regard that has the media being all the more bored and hunting even harder for mistakes made in the past or comments made by those they're connected with that could muddy their standing. And when any dirt is found then friends and beliefs are removed within the blink of an eye.
At the moment the stronger right have the most unpopular president in history who cannot rightly remember if he ever did coke or not. People can't be expected to stay staring in that direction. So warm-faced Obama with his worthy, steady voice and healthy frame will win, and could make things a little better.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I just hope and pray Obama doesn't get assassinated before taking office.

No wonder Hilary's hanging on in there, ready to step into the breach at this most tragic time :bla:

As Clinton hasn't conceded yet, he's still not officially the Democrat candidate.

And having watched the process so far from within the U.S., I really hope Obama does NOT get elected. We know very little about him, he can't hold a position, and everyone bangs on about "Change, Change, Change" - that's his mantra, his supporters here spout it day in, day out.

I've lost track of the number of times I''ve heard this out of voter's mouths....

Interviewer: So who are you supporting?
Voter: Barack Obama.
Interviewer: Why?
Voter: He's for change.
Interviewer: In what way? Can you name some policies of his?
Voter: Well, erm...... he's going to bring change, you know.

:thud:

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Obama- because he supports West Ham United!!(my lifelong club tho im a regular Albion supporter)

Apparantly he's got British relatives in Kent and always asks about the Hammers when communicating with them.

Also cos he's not a warmongering, Darwin denying,abortion doctor murdering, right-wing Republican bigot !

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Obama is a far weaker candidate than Hilary Clinton so they have handed victory to the Rupublicans.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
As Clinton hasn't conceded yet, he's still not officially the Democrat candidate.

And having watched the process so far from within the U.S., I really hope Obama does NOT get elected. We know very little about him, he can't hold a position, and everyone bangs on about "Change, Change, Change" - that's his mantra, his supporters here spout it day in, day out.

I've lost track of the number of times I''ve heard this out of voter's mouths....

Interviewer: So who are you supporting?
Voter: Barack Obama.
Interviewer: Why?
Voter: He's for change.
Interviewer: In what way? Can you name some policies of his?
Voter: Well, erm...... he's going to bring change, you know.

:thud:

thats just dumb yanks for ya :thumbsup:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I just hope and pray Obama doesn't get assassinated before taking office.

No wonder Hilary's hanging on in there, ready to step into the breach at this most tragic time :bla:

I just watched her closing speech. She is an odious woman and I would not want her in control of the worlds most powerful nation.

The whole 'mispeak' episode and saying that she would obliterate Iran if necessary, told me everything I needed to know.

God that woman drives me round the bend. Old Bill would have been better swanning off into the sunset with Monica.

Botox Bunny Boiler

Hillary%20Clinton%20from%20all4humor.jpg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
talking with one of our american colleagues, McCain has the equivalent of the victoria Cross and is a well respected war hero. He reckoned a lot of the votes from military people will go to mccain

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I think McCain will win, a change to Obama may be seen as too much for the general American public. Something about Mr Obama that i find strange for some reason he reminds me of Blair, all covered in spin and no real substance behind it. The secret service must be bricking it, you have all the American racist nutters with guns and the Muslim extremists all looking to make a name for themselves.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Obama strongly winning it on NSC at the minute :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here