Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

News Of The World- RIP

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Hypocrites exposed, some excellent investiagtive journalism putting some truly evil people behind bars and an excellent sports section.

I don't really care what the bigots say (partciularly those who never read it), I'll certainly miss it.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Interesting that the 2 alternative papers that the NOTW suggested we go and buy-with the money off tokens(that came with the paper) today were

Sunday Mirror & The Mail on Sunday.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
hey terry, just to remind you, they hacked the phone of a murdered teenager, which gave her parents false hope she might still be alive.

You sure it was the sun? Dont see anyone kicking up a stink about the sun. I for 1 wont stop buying it. Its full of stories that appeal to me. They may not to you, but I'm not telling you to read it. I think the hacking stuff was terrible but to be honest I'm sick to death of hearing about it now. We all know there were some serious breaches of trust and professionalism. Its time to move on. NOTW is gone, the end of an era.

See You Tuesday!

Jun 17, 2011
Soz TB1, but I'm glad to see them go out of business. Hope this serves as a 'wind it in' warning to all scum tabloids. I'd do away with them all if I could (and that includes the Daily Mail, who, let's face it, are just the Hyacinth Bucket's of the tabloid world!).

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Changing the subject completely here but 11pm tonight on Challenge Tv, You cant beat a bit of Bully :)

Last edited:

Interesting bit in that article...

Despite the strong ties between NOTW and The Sun, the former title appealed to a slightly more upmarket and wealthy demographic than The Sun, whose readers are split a third-two thirds between ABC1s and C2DEs.

"There is a post-ironic thing about NOTW," explained Rita Clifton, chairman of global branding giant Interbrand. "It's a bit like the middle and upper classes going to Aldi and Lidl – they are very low cost and slightly downmarket but actually it is seen as the clever thing to do."

Kind of puts a lot of the "all NOTW readers are morons" type comments:rolleyes:

And to clarify before anyone asks..no I don't/didn't read it.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Interesting bit in that article...

Despite the strong ties between NOTW and The Sun, the former title appealed to a slightly more upmarket and wealthy demographic than The Sun, whose readers are split a third-two thirds between ABC1s and C2DEs.

"There is a post-ironic thing about NOTW," explained Rita Clifton, chairman of global branding giant Interbrand. "It's a bit like the middle and upper classes going to Aldi and Lidl – they are very low cost and slightly downmarket but actually it is seen as the clever thing to do."

Kind of puts a lot of the "all NOTW readers are morons" type comments:rolleyes:

And to clarify before anyone asks..no I don't/didn't read it.

Yawn ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Today's Aldi is next century's Waitrose.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
The NOTW may have been the biggest selling newspaper in the UK but Man United are the most supported team, yet they are also the most hated and I for one would not be sorry to see both of them vanish

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You sure it was the sun? Dont see anyone kicking up a stink about the sun. I for 1 wont stop buying it. Its full of stories that appeal to me. They may not to you, but I'm not telling you to read it. I think the hacking stuff was terrible but to be honest I'm sick to death of hearing about it now. We all know there were some serious breaches of trust and professionalism. Its time to move on. NOTW is gone, the end of an era.

Go to Liverpool.

I would be very surprised if the Sun get out of this without being implicated in the scandal. I have always just seen the NotW as the Sunday Sun, I haven't read either of them for a very very long time, after the Suns reporting of Hillsborough, the general lack of news and the writing style insulting my intelligence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here