Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

News of the World - last edition this Sunday

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
BBC: thesunonsunday.co.uk and thesunonsunday.com are web domain names registered two days ago.

That's top work there Agent Large. However, I do hope you unearthed that info without resorting to any of that 'phone-hacking biz...

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
they haven't sacked rebekah wade nor has she walked, she is willing to let all her staff get the sack, see a paper close down without resigning...what type of mad shit does this bitch have on rupert murdoch?

I daresay she will be edged out, with a 'presumption of innocence', which I think is the current buzz phrase...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Sky News just posted that five senior execs from News International to be arrested.

Chances of their surnames being Murdoch................I would say 0%

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
BBC: thesunonsunday.co.uk and thesunonsunday.com are web domain names registered two days ago.

I found that out earlier. Went to see if they were available to buy in the hope that Murdoch would have to come begging to me to get the domains off me.

The next thing to check would be the post office (as I beleive all papers have to be registered with them) and companies house to see if anything was registered with them about the same time

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I daresay she will be edged out, with a 'presumption of innocence', which I think is the current buzz phrase...

I think the whole point of closing the paper is to protect her. Had she fallen on her sword as Coulson did then the paper would probably have survived. However, the group have decided to sacrifice the paper (albeit only in name as the Sun will take over) rather than Brooks.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think the whole point of closing the paper is to protect her. Had she fallen on her sword as Coulson did then the paper would probably have survived. However, the group have decided to sacrifice the paper (albeit only in name as the Sun will take over) rather than Brooks.

She must be screwing somebody at the very highest level.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
She must be screwing somebody at the very highest level.

christ knows why

from the brief look i got of her on the bbc earlier she looked like a bit of a dragon

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Andy Coulson has been told by police that he will be arrested on Friday morning over suspicions that he knew about, or had direct involvement in, the hacking of mobile phones during his editorship of the News of the World.

The Guardian understands that a second arrest is also to be made in the next few days of a former senior journalist at the paper.

Leaks from News International forced police to speed up their plans to arrest the two key suspects in the explosive phone-hacking scandal.

The Guardian knows the identity of the second suspect but is witholding the name in order to avoid prejudicing the ongoing police investigation.

Coulson, who resigned as David Cameron's director of communications in January, was contacted on Thursday by detectives and asked to present himself at a police station in central London on Friday, where he will be told that he will be formally questioned under suspicion of involvement in hacking.

After being questioned by detectives from Operation Weeting – a process that could take several hours – the former rising star of News International is likely to be released on bail conditions that include appearing at court at a later date along with his three former colleagues who have already been arrested: Ian Edmondson, Neville Thurlbeck and James Weatherup.

The arrest will be embarrassing for David Cameron who consistently defended his decision to hire the controversial former journalist amid mounting evidence of his involvement in the hacking scandal.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good. It's an embarrassment of a paper. How anyone could entertain the idea of reading after they have hacked into the phones of dead children and dead servicemen is beyond me. They probably know this, hence its closure.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I actually don't feel sorry for any reporter who loses their job though this. I've been watching BBC news for the last half hour and they've had NOTW employees all pleading ignorance and bleating on about all the great things NOTW has done.

I'll bet any money that listening to people's mobile phone voicemail is the tip of the iceburg. The paper has only existed to expose what celebs or politicians do in their private lives, so how do they get their stories week in week out? I bet there's all sorts of private detectives and shady characters on the payroll, just not directly.

All the journos saying it all happened 5 years ago are missing the point, they are still producing these type of stories every week and I don't accept that they can obtain the info they do without a bit of dirty work. The paper still exists on entrapment, invasion of privacy or in alot of cases outright lies, so f*** 'em. If they're good they'll get another job no problem.

Hopefully whatever replaces it won't be quite as murky, but at the end of the day a large number of people are hooked on a bit of filth and misery on a sunday morning, car crash news is what it is.

I wonder how many people's lives have been ruined by NOTW?

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Just a thought, but why would the Sun staff have to work 7 days? Shirley the NOTW staff will simply be 'transfered' to the new title? Or am I missing something?

Sep 1, 2010
How a rag of such shite is a loss baffles me, utter garbage. Having said that, i think most media is generally run by total Cnuts these days

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here