Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

News of the World - last edition this Sunday

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Rupert is trying to save the BSkyB deal, and the reputation of James Murdoch, who has just said "The company paid out of court settlements approved by me. That was wrong and a matter of serious regret."

Sun staff have been advised to prepare for a 7 day week too.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Good to hear that one piece of weekly arse-wipe is finally getting binned. As has been stated already though: cue another shithouse rag feeding the desperate, clucking millions their fix of crap.
Amazing isn't it. Everyone says - virtually without exception - what a dreadful rag it is yet it sells millions of copies. Must be a lot of people out there who buy it without admitting to

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
One of my colleagues got a call earlier from a NotW staffer in tears at the news. We couldn't quite believe it.

That's the problem though, the people who will be most affected by this were probably not to blame. All the office staff will be made redundant, yet I bet no-one at the top will go.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
News International dont want to lose 4 million sales of a Sunday red top so basically we'll end up with either The Sun or a new snazzy title (The Sunday Arsewipe ?)

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
No doubt, they'll soon be launching the Sunday Sun :shootself

Am absolutely flabbergasted by this news - astounded that they'd close the paper so soon. Very sad for all the decent staff working there.

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I wonder if this will reduce or increase the chances of cross-contamination with his other publications? On the one hand he has dealt swiftly with it, but people are VERY angry with this shite from News International, and without the NOTW to take their anger out on, perhaps they are more likely to boycott one of his other publications.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Amazing isn't it. Everyone says - virtually without exception - what a dreadful rag it is yet it sells millions of copies. Must be a lot of people out there who buy it without admitting to

I doubt it. I buy it sometimes. I don't think I need to pretend I don't. The sports section is good, they do better reports on the lower leagues than most of the other papers, and it makes some easy reading for a Sunday.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I liked the sports section

Ironically, virtually the only Sunday paper that covered the lower leagues properly. I have mates there, people who haven't hacked phones for their sports stories and joined only in the last few years. While they aren't going to get much symapthy in the current feeding frenzy, this is not their fault, and hope they'll be okay as it's not a good time to be out of work in the industry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here