Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

News of signings from poyet

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Why does the signing of cms mean the end for Ashley barnes.
cms is a fantastic signing for us but he is no messi or Ronaldo.
He scored 27 goals for a team that were more intent on attacking rather than defending.
Aswell as being their no 1 striker.

Barnes mean while spent a fair period of time on the bench yet still scored 20 goals.

If cms is championship class then surely barnes is aswell.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Barnes spent time moved out wide and was rotated with Wood. Still scored 20 and created a fair bit too. Yes missed some chances but put plenty away and I think he could well rotate into the side although think Hoskins - CMS - Buckley will be the 3 'forwards'. Barnes will be able to come in for either wide forward but have to see how good Bergkamp is and whether he'd come on for CMS or if Hoskins would move inside and Barnes play left. We'll play 3 midfielders a bit more central I think rather than the floating 4-4-2 of last season as at higher level will need that extra body central, and CMS's mobility compared to Murray will help this.

Noone to play lots of 20-30 minute stints and be on the pitch most of the time we're 4-4-2. But figure he and Buckley (shifted wide if 4-4-2 not 4-3-3) will be only wingers if Lua Lua doesn't sign.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Interesting about Bergkamp. When he signed I thought he would be the new "Chris Woods" type and probably be a bench player but add strength and height to what is a small sized forward line. If Poyet is after another "recognised" striker that's good news.

I remain slightly concerned about lack of full-back cover in defence though.

Lets face it guys, attacking players are the ones every team is trying to get at this stage, the defensive cover is easier to get hold of, so it makes sense that we are chasing forwards thinking players at this time, don't panic, the defence will be sorted!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Could you post his house number and postcode so I can go and sit outside his house and stare at him like this . . .

victim-twice-staring-man.jpg

I mean him no harm . . . . . . . . . .

Quality!

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
mark by the sea from the argus has said its keane and woodgate from SPURS.Used to think he had sources now think not.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
mark by the sea from the argus has said its keane and woodgate from SPURS.Used to think he had sources now think not.

Agreed - He does seem to be a bit more knowledgeable than most but really can't see Keane here now. Have a feeling though that we will see some action today.

Nothing of note in the Argus today other than KLL back in training but not expected to go on the pre-season tour.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Agreed - He does seem to be a bit more knowledgeable than most but really can't see Keane here now. Have a feeling though that we will see some action today.

Nothing of note in the Argus today other than KLL back in training but not expected to go on the pre-season tour.

Does anyone know if we expect any news today?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here