Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

News of signings from poyet

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
At West Brom is Simon Cox or Chris Wood highest in the pecking order?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
At West Brom is Simon Cox or Chris Wood highest in the pecking order?

I wish it was Wood, but know it is Cox... completely diff players!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm afraid Barnesy might become unsettled if he is not in the starting line up and Bergkamp goes on as a sub instead of him for the last 20 minutes of a game. Will he go all moody and act like Judas did a couple of seasons ago ?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Hmmm, thats a good point but I think if we have a choice of where he goes we can make sure he goes to a good footballing team. We seem to be basing our set-up around Barcelonas so what do they do with their developing players, send them out on loan or keep them? I honestly don't know.

Is there one player Gus has loaned out that has come back to be a permanent fixture in the first team?

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Is there one player Gus has loaned out that has come back to be a permanent fixture in the first team?

No there hasn't but I think now we would be loaning players out for totally different reasons. In the past I believe we have sent players out on loan in the hope that it will put them in the shop window and also to save on wages. From now on however I reckon we would be sending them out to gain valuable 1st team experiance.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
If Barnes gets game time this season he will score goals and his value will increase exponentially. See how he goes this year and review his position next summer but crazy to let him go now. £1m is his realistic current value based on last season + age + potential for development. In 12 months time it could be three or four times that.
edit:
(that said it might explain why Gus is looking at another striker coming in and as a west country lad with a young family maybe he is struggling to settle? Not wanting to start a rumour based on no facts at all but I guess you never really know what is happening behind the scenes.......)

If it helps at all, I moved Ashley into his new home today, to say he is excited about the new season with Brighton would be an understatement! He can't wait to play at The Amex, says it's an amazing stadium. Him and his wife (ready to drop any moment!!) seemed very happy. He was telling us how he felt that he hadn't played that well last season:eek: look forward to him having a good season then! Anyway, thoroughly nice chap who, having just bought a house, doesn't look like moving anywhere anytime soon!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Barnes will get plenty of game time and rightly so.
We often play 3 up front, and he knows that well
A top prospect at 21, chances of him going anywhere.....practically none unless a ridiculous offer comes in

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
If it helps at all, I moved Ashley into his new home today, to say he is excited about the new season with Brighton would be an understatement! He can't wait to play at The Amex, says it's an amazing stadium. Him and his wife (ready to drop any moment!!) seemed very happy. He was telling us how he felt that he hadn't played that well last season:eek: look forward to him having a good season then! Anyway, thoroughly nice chap who, having just bought a house, doesn't look like moving anywhere anytime soon!

Well? Did you ask him about any transfer rumours?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Great to hear that... he is very promising and we should hold on to him...

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Well? Did you ask him about any transfer rumours?

No, tried to play it a bit cooler than that! He did say he was still hoping KLL would sign though. Said he was looking forward to playing with CMS, and when I said that the CMS signing came as a big shock to the fans he chuckled and said it shocked the players too :lol:

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
No, tried to play it a bit cooler than that! He did say he was still hoping KLL would sign though. Said he was looking forward to playing with CMS, and when I said that the CMS signing came as a big shock to the fans he chuckled and said it shocked the players too :lol:

I bet it was! Fair play though, I don't imagine he would have told you anything anyway! Great to hear that he sounds so settled and happy at the club though. He always comes across as a nice, down-to-earth lad in interviews, it's good to hear that he's the same in real life.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I bet it was! Fair play though, I don't imagine he would have told you anything anyway! Great to hear that he sounds so settled and happy at the club though. He always comes across as a nice, down-to-earth lad in interviews, it's good to hear that he's the same in real life.

To be fair I was surprised how down to earth he was! He was loving showing us photos of the new kit and the Amex on his phone! Was happy enough to do some autographs, had a photo with us ( in his dining room, which was probably weird for him!) and I was lucky enough to be given his #9 training jacket!!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

thanks for that DFP. I'm well made up at that................ big fan of Barnes who could potentially be a very special player. 20 goals from someone who says he didn't play very well has got to be a bit special by anyone's account except the most critical of fans!

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

This is what I love about NSC....great story.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Could you post his house number and postcode so I can go and sit outside his house and stare at him like this . . .

victim-twice-staring-man.jpg

I mean him no harm . . . . . . . . . .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here