Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

News of signings from poyet

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
The same Daily Mirror that said Barnes is off to Bristol City and CMS was going to sign for Leicester last saturday.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Bit surprised that the Sun hasn't hacked into Gus's phone and found out by now!

They did, but mistakenly hacked into the Fake Gus Poyet from Twitter - they're putting together a kiss and tell story as I type about Gus, Shakira and Madelon

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Skills

Aug 4, 2008
Brighton
I think Chris Wood will return as the 5th striker.

CMS, Hoskins, Barnes, Bergkamp and Wood. Plus Agdestein as development

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Joe Mattock - West brom - Left Back - hes 21 - dunno if we been linked with him- but hes caped 5 times with under 21 england squad id like him dont know how much we would get him for my guess 500k to 1.2 mill

His career development has suffered from off field problems (a court case for assault) and his form suffered. No doubt he has potential but he hasn't come on in the way WBA hoped for when they splashed £1m on him. My guess is they would want to recoup their layout which probably over-values him by quite a way at the moment but they may well be keen to let him go on loan until Christmas at least given that I think his contract is up at the end of this coming season. Not the quickest player in my view and I don't think he would oust Painter or seriously challenge for a wing back spot so not sure that he would get much game time.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
With Leeds after him too, I'd assume he won't be joining us, even though he's been to visit.

why would you assume that is this the same assumption everybody (inc me) that CMS would not be signing because he was looking at supposed bigger clubs.
I firmly believe that if Gus wants someone he will move heaven and earth to get him ..........so really anything is on the cards which makes this exciting times more so even that the first time we went into the old 1st division

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
The same Daily Mirror that said Barnes is off to Bristol City and CMS was going to sign for Leicester last saturday.

The Barnes rumour is interesting. It rests on whether Maynard is sold (apparently). The fee being talked about for Barnes is £1.1m. :ohmy:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I like Barnes and he's clearly done well for us, but I'd snap City's arm off for 1m on him, and if they're replaceing Maynard with Barnes then well I might put a cheeky tenner of them to get relegated as he needs a decent strike partner and is no way ready to step in the likes of Maynard's shoes.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
The Barnes rumour is interesting. It rests on whether Maynard is sold (apparently). The fee being talked about for Barnes is £1.1m. :ohmy:

he's got raw potential but not above championship level, for 1.1 million I'd drive him there myself

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I like Barnes. 20 goals in his first full season is an excellent record for such a young player. Time will tell if he can score goals in the Championship but I don't see why not. We should keep him.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If Barnes gets game time this season he will score goals and his value will increase exponentially. See how he goes this year and review his position next summer but crazy to let him go now. £1m is his realistic current value based on last season + age + potential for development. In 12 months time it could be three or four times that.
edit:
(that said it might explain why Gus is looking at another striker coming in and as a west country lad with a young family maybe he is struggling to settle? Not wanting to start a rumour based on no facts at all but I guess you never really know what is happening behind the scenes.......)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here