Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

News of signings from poyet

imbrightontillidie

Jan 12, 2011
In an interview in the argus poyet said he
Expects 2 in the next few days
He wants 3 by the time we gO to Portugal
And 5 before the beginning if the season!

Who do yOu think they will be/ whi do u want??

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Lansbury would be my first choice. So many other names linked/rumoured it's hard to know where to start but would put money on one of the three lined up being someone we haven't even considered/heard of.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
No mention of targeting a full-back in Poyet interview in the Argus which is odd as we really neeed cover/competition in that position and I'm surprised he wants another striker.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hoskins, cms, barnes and berkamp

Seems to be consensus on here that Bergkamp will be development squad. Even if he isn't, 5 is a standard number of strikers to have in a first team squad so would still want another in.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Hargreaves? Way off piste but reckon he'd come pretty cheap (PAYP?) and seems to be looking for any opportunity

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Interesting about Bergkamp. When he signed I thought he would be the new "Chris Woods" type and probably be a bench player but add strength and height to what is a small sized forward line. If Poyet is after another "recognised" striker that's good news.

I remain slightly concerned about lack of full-back cover in defence though.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Alan Smith ex Leeds and soon ex NUFC. Just a guess like.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4211479 said:
Woodgate is being linked with Stoke this morning by the Mirror
With Leeds after him too, I'd assume he won't be joining us, even though he's been to visit.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
:down:

I've quite liked the fact that Gus hasn't done this before. The old DK/MA "5 new players by next Saturday" used to do my head in, and I've enjoyed the quieter approach we've had lately whereby unless the other club announces something, we don't know anything "official" until a signing is announced.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Interesting about Bergkamp. When he signed I thought he would be the new "Chris Woods" type and probably be a bench player but add strength and height to what is a small sized forward line. If Poyet is after another "recognised" striker that's good news.

I remain slightly concerned about lack of full-back cover in defence though.

I'm half expecting Chris Woods to be the other striker that Gus is looking to sign.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'm half expecting Chris Woods to be the other striker that Gus is looking to sign.

He's probably about 50 now and I doubt he'd be much good up front.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here