Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So true, but frustrating all the same.

You shouldn’t enjoy losing in my book.

Thought Offiah did well….
This run in could be a Bridge Too Far, but it’s been one hell of a season. I have always been in the entertain me camp and f*** me I have been entertained. It’s not over yet either :smile:

If we do this, it’s going to be the Brighton way, which means it’s going to the wire

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Van Hecke got it wrong. If he'd have timed it right it'd have been a great decision. He got it wrong, but that's what happens when you're missing 2 centre backs.
It is, but incredibly rarely does this decision come off, because your brain/eyes generally react to the pass rather than anticipate a split second before.

For me it was stupid….. 😃

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
This run in could be a Bridge Too Far, but it’s been one hell of a season. I have always been in the entertain me camp and f*** me I have been entertained. It’s not over yet either :smile:

If we do this, it’s going to be the Brighton way, which means it’s going to the wire
I’m in the ‘just win’ (as you know).

I couldn’t give a sh!t if we play well and lose….😃

Can’t deny though, RdZ is my favourite all time manager and the level of football is something else.

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Full strength side against Southampton and win, rest against Man City and accept defeat, full strength against Villa and win, job done

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
We were told from the very beginning - a de Zerbi team will score a lot of goals and concede a lot of goals. :shrug:
Well let’s hope we don’t concede a lot against Villa. It’s going to the wire for sure and as plenty of neutrals have said it be a travesty if we miss out on Europe. I mean, no one’s noticed Villa all season and yet when the end of year class photo is taken…

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
This game was a free-hit but it was frustrating to cave in at the end like that.

Some strange tactical play but De Zerbi knows what he's doing. He's done too well to question throwing the youngsters on into a lion's den. It was a gamble that didn't pay off.

Onto Sunday and three points hopefully............

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Everton and Newcastle have shown how to play against us. Brave, press and hassle / hurry. They were happy for Van Hecke to have the ball in the first half but made sure they were on to Dunk, Gross etc

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
That’s not really much of a perspective though is it? When we lose (and heavily), even against bottom 3 sides, it’s because we’re tired/congestion. Yet we’re also beating top teams at same time, tonight a side.

It surely has to be a bit more complex than just saying tired / congestion - or we wouldn’t have those magnificent results against United and Arsenal?

Puzzling.
Tiredness, injuries, playing players out of positions because of those injuries, and youth players being thrown in = inconsistency in performance. You start our preferred 11 and you know how we'll play. Without that starting 11 it becomes up and down how we'll perform, thus Arsenal win & lose tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here