Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
But we are not Leeds so who gives a f*** about them
We all handle losses in different ways. You display your anger, which is an entirely valid response.

It's just that I prefer to put things in context. Things could be a lot, lot worse.

I reckon I feel better about this loss than you do.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Bit harsh I know but as I said to anotehr poster who said the same, thought he left a yard too much on his near post for an easier finish for that diving p**** Wilson. He looked behind him to see he left a bit too much space. You're right though not really his fault.
Nah, don’t agree. Good finish for me…. 😃👍

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
It's one of his first starts poindexter, he's going to be a tad nervous.
Were you one of the heroes that slagged off Undav???
He's played several games this season and spent an entire year playing in the championship. Offiah playing his second PL game (if you count the 5 mins he had before) looked far more on it then van hecke.

Van Hecke scoring lowest in BBC match ratings too so quite a lot of people agree it seems....

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
He's a local lad who just helped his local side qualify for Champions League, any of us would have done the same
I still like him a lot. He's the honest footballer's honest footballer, always laughing at any argy-bargy, often pulling players away from any argy-bargy, he's bloody good, and works his socks off. Don't begrudge him leaving one iota and hope he scores an unlikely winner against some European superpower next year.

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
Why? Because I’m trying to see the good things from a bad game and not complaining we lost?
I don't see any positives from losing or not complaining either. Shit result don't cover it in cotton wool. For gods sake don't accept its little old Brighton, we are trying to qualify for Europe. Don't act like oh well never mind, be a bit more passionate.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
f*** me the crowning turd of the night, massive equalise with the last kick of the game, and ref has just played loads of fergie time above the 6 mins injury time.

Last edited:

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Tiredness, injuries, playing players out of positions because of those injuries, and youth players being thrown in = inconsistency in performance. You start our preferred 11 and you know how we'll play. Without that starting 11 it becomes up and down how we'll perform, thus Arsenal win & lose tonight.
I think you’ve just hit the nail on the head why we are not ready for Europe this season.If we play like this game, Everton and Forest following a Europa game because of injuries and fatigue, we will be in the bottom 3 of the prem for sure

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Wolves though? We hammered them 6-0 with the 2nd fiddle.

It’s weird though. Really is. Now becoming stressful. So much at stake and utterly utterly unpredictable regardless of opposition. This team could beat Citeh and be hammered by Soton in same week. It’s completely crazy following us at the moment! :)
My point is.... inconsistency.

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
He's played several games this season and spent an entire year playing in the championship. Offiah playing his second PL game (if you count the 5 mins he had before) looked far more on it then van hecke.

Van Hecke scoring lowest in BBC match ratings too so quite a lot of people agree it seems....
I'm guessing RDZ has seen something you and others haven't.
We're supposed to get behind the team, not belittle them......

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Van Hecke not good enough but it’s not his fault. Can’t be match fit and was physically knackered on 80 minutes. Mac and Enciso terrible when coming on.
Yeh just write him off after about 200 minutes PL game time.
Who would you have played instead?
Not much choice for the manager, TBF - but to write off the player as sh*t because of it is just silly. Early last season he got sent off for Backburn, they were thumped 7-0, and Blackburn fans wrote him off as sh*t (like some Brighton fans are doing now). He finished up one of their players of the season.
Yes, it's a step up - but that's what most players do when they make their full debut in the PL, no?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I think you’ve just hit the nail on the head why we are not ready for Europe this season.If we play like this game, Everton and Forest following a Europa game because of injuries and fatigue, we will be in the bottom 3 of the prem for sure
Maybe, but the young players will be another year on, we'll have the returning loans, and we'll expand the squad if in Europe.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Bring on the meat grinder and a glorious European adventure as we take the cup down to the Championship and show all those sleeping giants “look at what you could’ve won!”

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
We all handle losses in different ways. You display your anger, which is an entirely valid response.

It's just that I prefer to put things in context. Things could be a lot, lot worse.

I reckon I feel better about this loss than you do.
Is that a sort of a oxymoron that you are happier that you feel better at losing more than me.we lost.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here