Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Criticism of JP a bit harsh but important to remember he was signed pre RDZ. He doesn't really scream an RDZ CB to me. He asks a hell of a lot from his CBs and JP has hardly played. I don't actually think he'll be here next year as he's a decent traditional CB and we are likely to be getting in at least one CB over the summer.
We need to start being a bit more realistic. RDZ has a very unique way of doing things. Even Webster looks a bit lost, a player that would probably get into a lot of the other better Prem teams. Just like Sanchez and others, not all these players are going to be able to cut it..not because they're not good players but simply because RDZ is a bit insane (in the most fantastic way).
Reckon our data boys are going in pretty hard in preparation for the summer.

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
I don't see any positives from losing or not complaining either. Shit result don't cover it in cotton wool. For gods sake don't accept its little old Brighton, we are trying to qualify for Europe. Don't act like oh well never mind, be a bit more passionate.
I never said it was little old Brighton and I. Well aware we are pushing for Europe. There is passion in positives as well. Maybe we just show our passion in different ways. It’s not like the season is over and we’ve blown it. I prefer to see the positives in any bad situation.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I thought van Hecke really grew into the game in the second half...started to play some nice balls through the lines. A shame he was fractionally late to step up for the third goal. VERY tough to be up against the likes of Wilson and Isaak, with 50,000 geordies cranking up the volume. Still very young, with lots of time to improve.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Overall I didn’t think he had a bad game, it’s a steep but valuable learning curve. One for the future imo
Who lost the ball on half way line for their 4th? Was it Caicedo or Offiah? if it was Offiah, it might be a blessing in disguise as the game was already done at 3-1, learn more from adversity and all that.......

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Everton and Newcastle have shown how to play against us.
Newcastle have shown the rest of the league that all you have to do is play against an injury hit side, whose remaining players are all knackered.

Can't believe no one else thought of it.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Newcastle have shown the rest of the league that all you have to do is play against an injury hit side, whose remaining players are all knackered.

Can't believe no one else thought of it.
& invest a load of money into your own squad. Pretty simple really.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Who lost the ball on half way line for their 4th? Was it Caicedo or Offiah? if it was Offiah, it might be a blessing in disguise as the game was already done at 3-1, learn more from adversity and all that.......
I thought it was Caicedo who also fell over for the third in the same way he did for Everton's fifth.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Tonight showed where we need reinforcements. CB, RB, midfield if both Mac and Caciedo leave in the summer and that still leaves us short due to Mwepu's enforced retirement. I think Europe could pose all sorts of issues if the squad stays wafer thin

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here