Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Sometimes you have to play with those available and sometimes you have to adjust your game plan to compensate, we didn't.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You don’t save one on one’s or shouldn’t unless the forward fecks it up.

The issue was Van Hecke stepping up to play offside absolutely appalling decision at any level.
Van Hecke got it wrong. If he'd have timed it right it'd have been a great decision. He got it wrong, but that's what happens when you're missing 2 centre backs.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You don’t save one on one’s or shouldn’t unless the forward fecks it up.

The issue was Van Hecke stepping up to play offside absolutely appalling decision at any level.
Yep - thought he was poor tonight. Opinions I suppose as a post a few up days he was our best player…!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
But more importantly, surely you saw the evidence on the pitch? Newcastle targeted him from the first minute and then just let him have the ball with as much time as he wanted in the second half when they realised he couldn’t do anything with it, it was blatently obvious.

What do you think he did well out of interest?

As I say, it’s not his fault. He’s not match sharp but clearly not at this level either. Colwill looked good enough from his first minutes on the pitch in the PL. Also not RDZ’s fault for playing him, we have no choice with our thin squad.
Can you quote the whole of my reply not just one line

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
To be fair deserved nothing more tonight. The team looked poor from the moment that the line up was annouced. We scored with our only real attempt. Chalk and cheese from Sunday. Proves that if we did make Europe and Thursday night football than we need to strengthen considerably. Some of the team today are probably not quite ready for first team action and some maybe not quite good enough.
We missed Colwill or Webster tonight and the team ran out of legs against a fired up home side!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Jesus Christ this forum is depressing when we lose. Football fans are morons. Sorry, yes, a lot of you are morons. No offence, like.

Is it not obvious that we have a half-strength, absolutely knackered side playing in over-congested fixtures, to the extent that we are having to play teenagers, including debuts tonight, against a top 4 team away?

Well, I thought it was obvious, anyway.
So true, but frustrating all the same.

You shouldn’t enjoy losing in my book.

Thought Offiah did well….

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
It is obvious but we're an emotional bunch, especially when we lose.
Football fans, eh?

I think it’s softened tonight, wasn’t expecting anything - no injuries or suspensions and Enciso again looking very promising.

Concerned about Mitoma tonight who I thought was very poor, probably his worst game in an Albion shirt. Hope he turns it back on for the last three games.

Newcastle largely had our number - much like Arsenal in the first half. A number of games now (Manchester United, Arsenal in recent weeks alone) we’ve struggled with the press, but persisted to absolutely no success in the first halves.

I’d like RDZ to instruct players to mix it up with more direct passing sooner than the second half when things clearly aren’t going our way. After 20 minutes tonight it was clear they were matching up and frankly dominating because of it.

The second half was better again, but the damage was already done.

Gotta be more proactive and less stubborn sometimes in the first half of matches.

Onto Sunday - UTA!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I don’t envy RDZ that week that lies ahead. Southampton is a must win, but has banana skin stamped all over it. If we don’t get the win on Sunday do we go strong against City to try and get something from the game but leave ourselves knackered for Villa, or go weak again and risk a morale sapping defeat. Really don’t need to be going to Villa Park knackered/demoralised and needing a result.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Disappointing result and performance in the main. Looked a complete mess in the first half, not going to call out the individuals though it was a big ask in a tough game with a curious starting lineup.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
We're knackered, down to bare bones, and playing away at Saudi FC who are in the Champ League places. Sanchez, Veltman, Webster, Colwill, Lallana, March, Sarmiento, Lamptey and Moder all unavailable for various reasons/injuries. Given that it would be impossible to maintain Arsenal level performances. Bit of perspective.
That’s not really much of a perspective though is it? When we lose (and heavily), even against bottom 3 sides, it’s because we’re tired/congestion. Yet we’re also beating top teams at same time, tonight a side.

It surely has to be a bit more complex than just saying tired / congestion - or we wouldn’t have those magnificent results against United and Arsenal?

Puzzling.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
My worry is he is irreplaceable. Everyone keeps saying we will find another gem. You don't always find another gem, especially to replace a genuinely world class midfielder. In fact even if we found another Caicedo he'd be three years off Caicedo MKI. It's a real worry and I think the only option, if we do sell him, will be to replace him with an immediately ready and very expensive signing.

Yes, I've said the game. There's only so many 'gems' we can keep finding, same with managers.

Caicedo is a one of a kind talent, instrumental to how we play. I hate to spend mega money on just one player or break our wage structure but it feels like we need a like for like replacement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here