Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle Prices

llugaes

Jan 20, 2009
we aren't a shit league one side playing inside an athletics track any more. ticket price increases and kick offs moved for tv are part and parcel of being a successful side.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
maybe someone can start a poll to decide if we should have stayed at Withdean and (inevitably) eventually gone out of business.

That's a bit dramatic. We've got an extra (bonus) home game, which means most people have to shell out more money, on top of their monthly payment.

Is it an attractive draw? Some people will be sold on a Premier League team coming to town, but for the sane, it's just another game. Despite any sort of hype, there is no guarantee that it will be enjoyable. Is anyone really that excited about seeing a MOTD regular, at the Amex, that the would be willing to pay more than another team?

Despite that, I am sure the attendance will answer all the suppositions and questions on this thread.

I'm sure the club would be able to act quickly, if there are large gaps and fill them. It would certainly look better for them to have a decent figure.

I fail to understand why the opposition being a Premier League side should have any bearing on the ticket prices, certainly for a one off game so soon after Christmas.

No doubt we'll hit the mid 20k type crowd and the exercise will be deemed a success. Wouldn't it be nice to have a sell out?

What about having the stadium rammed to the majestic arches? The match will not sell out. I am certain of that.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Us east uppers are a lot posher than you Mr 'T' :thumbsup:

How do you think I can carry on living in The Posh End Of Shoreham certainly not by paying ESU prices (that's why I'm in wing block of west upper ) if I started paying ESU prices then I'd have to sell up and move to Moulscombe :-(

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I will not be going. It's not just the ticket price for me, I have to add the cost of 3/4 tank of petrol. It's normally ok as I pay for my season ticket up front so it's only the petrol cost for each game. It would cost me at least £78 to go to a game I can watch on free on tv. So close after Xmas, so can't justify it.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Biff - TV cup game right after Christmas.
Bang - just forked out nearly 100 quid for NYD tickets at Ipswich for son number ones birthday.
Pow - Son number one now 16 meaning another full priced adult ticket.

I'm on the ropes folks and this ain't no rope a dope.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Where did I say I couldn't afford it? I am just not going to spunk £30+ on a shit cup competition that I seriously don't give a toss about. But as it's on the box, I'll take advantage of the 50" Samsung and a few beers.

I've got a 50" 1080p LG with 1000w surround sound. But I would rather be 'there'. We must beg to differ mate--but if you can afford it why not be there? I will 'Virgin' it and see it again when I come back. To be honest I think we may get spanked this time but with footie you never know! I am surprised there has so much moaning tonight---but each to his own.:thumbsup:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
How is it your position to make monetary assumptions about your fellow fans and what they can afford?

Not sure what your point is. The financial state of individuals is not really my concern and to be honest, not that of the clubs. The price decision will have been based on the laws of supply and demand. Personnally, I would love to drive an Aston Martin but would be laughed out of the showroom if I tried to negotiate a price I could afford. I'm lucky I can afford a season ticket but I can't afford the 1901. The ticket prices are exactly the same as standard league games. If people can't afford a season ticket and have to pick and chose their games, would you pick a plum cup tie or Derby at home?

Me and 6 others out then.

f*** you Barber, f*** you.

Probably give up season ticket next year at this rate.

Enjoy playing in front of a half full stadium you money grabbing piece of American Franchise running twat.

Ah, everyone welcomes and intelligent contribution.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
we aren't a shit league one side playing inside an athletics track any more. ticket price increases and kick offs moved for tv are part and parcel of being a successful side.

Errr I think you'll find it's got more to do with Fabrice Muamba drawing a Premier League side's ball out of the bowl at Wembley Stadium on Sunday than anything to do with us being a successful side!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
How do you think I can carry on living in The Posh End Of Shoreham certainly not by paying ESU prices (that's why I'm in wing block of west upper ) if I started paying ESU prices then I'd have to sell up and move to Moulscombe :-(

'Upper Bevendean' please Mr 'T'---bit like Hove actually!!! :rolleyes:

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
I'm not going to moan, but this is my opinion and I would guess that it will be the opinion of a few others too.
I'm not going to be buying my seat for the Newcastle game - reasons?
1. Affording my season ticket is quite enough as it is.
2. The match is live on ITV - therefore free to watch.
3. Any spare cash will be in short supply after Christmas and New Year.
4. This match means we have home games three Saturdays in a row and that is too much time out of family and work for me.
5. It's Newcastle - OK, they are Premier League, but not exactly setting the world alight with excitement at the moment.

So that's it for me. If it wasn't on ITV I probably would have gone.

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
Don't care how much it costs I won't be going, really bored with the whole thing. Dare I say it? I want what the Palace fans paid for last week, they had a good time making mugs out of us, if Gus and the boys served us that I'd pay £100 for a ticket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here