Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle Prices

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I'm not convinced overpriced tickets of yesteryear are a decent comparison to current ticket prices.

Either way, I'm sure we will find out if the prices were too expensive when the match kicks off.

Certainly some will continue to be priced out of becoming a semi-regular attendee. Hence why we haven't sold out, despite our increase in capacity.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Price is only what people are prepared to pay. If you think it's too much, then don't buy one. If everyone thinks its too much then the ground will be empty and they'll have to reduce the prices next time. Lesson learnt.

I suspect it will be full though.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
They can seriously go f*** themselves £30+ for a shitty cup game that hardly anyone gives a f*** about anymore, nah, think I'll have a nice lie in and stick it on the telly.

Should that not read Solid in the Head? I'll try and have a whip round from my band of brothers for you.But if they read your post I don't think you will get tuppence.I hope you've got a big telly! :whistle:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Some people who are allegedly Brighton supporters really piss me off. This is a great cup tie and I will definitely be going as most of my regular mates will. There will be your amount of people who will want to go who are not season ticket holders and I think there will be a very good sized crowd there. If we had been playing a low Premier side they might have lowered prices but this is a match that, together with TV revenue, will be financially very lucrative for the club. All those moaning should get a reality check. Rant over.

This. I wonder if anyone can give an example of a league side LOWERING their prices for prem league opposition?

This is the normal price for a ticket. The club hasn't put them up.

We have the same moaners as last year. Liverpool, Newcastle, Sunderland, Chelsea - all normal prices. All good crowds.

Let's be honest, STH's don't like it because they have been spoiled with the deal we have. These are the prices that non-STHs have to pay for the likes of Peterborough, Barnsley etc.

There is another thread about Bristol City being in financial trouble but BHAFC should be a charity?

If fans don't want to go, don't! Watch it on the telly. the game will go on without you but don't go on about it, as if the world owes you a favour!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
This. I wonder if anyone can give an example of a league side LOWERING their prices for prem league opposition?

This is the normal price for a ticket. The club hasn't put them up.

We have the same moaners as last year. Liverpool, Newcastle, Sunderland, Chelsea - all normal prices. All good crowds.

Let's be honest, STH's don't like it because they have been spoiled with the deal we have. These are the prices that non-STHs have to pay for the likes of Peterborough, Barnsley etc.

There is another thread about Bristol City being in financial trouble but BHAFC should be a charity?

If fans don't want to go, don't! Watch it on the telly. the game will go on without you but don't go on about it, as if the world owes you a favour!

Wibble Wibble :thumbsup:

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
At 37 pounds I won't be sitting in the East. If I want to sit behind one of the goals though, will I have to wait until they go on general sale before I can buy mine, or can I choose a different seat on Thursday evening?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
We’ll not be paying the £39 for our seats, Gus will treat this like previous cup games (not give a toss, not important) and will use this as a ‘shop window’ for the likes of Hoskins and Harly etc.

Do you not recall our starting 11 last year against them? Our strongest team at the time I believe.

He clearly does give a toss seeing as he's taken us to the 5th round the last 2 years

patcham seagulls

Jul 9, 2003
patcham
It saddens me to write this, but as a football and more importantly a bhafc fan for 35 years. i've never felt such a disconection with the club that i do at present.

I've done my bit over the years. Silly distances to far flung places, got soaked numerous times, seen friends beaten up, ripped off, written to mp's etc for the amex, marches, worked for aitc for 5+ years.

However, as a working guy on below average salary. With morgage, wife, children, and various other commitments. Paying £100+ to attend the amex with both kids in tow, is well beyond my budget and more importantly way down my to do list at present.

I'm aware its better facilities, the standard being played is higher, and st are reasonable value. But for me one of the initial qualities that attracted me to football generally was its value for money and dare i add its "working class culture"

i don't really care for players "kissing the badge", prancing about on mtv cribs or in the gossip columns.

My football hero's when i was growing up had missing teeth and broken noses, not shaved eyebrows and look at me tatoos.

i thoroughly enjoy local non-league football, which i believe is decent value for money. And operated mainly by people with a real passion for their local community deep within them.

I haven't given up on the albion, (and still look up results, defend them verbally when required) but as stated prefer the local county league at present.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
That's handy all the moaners on NSC not going so should be a decent atmosphere then without the keyboard warriors wasting seats might get a few more vocal fans instead :clap2:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Do you not recall our starting 11 last year against them? Our strongest team at the time I believe.

He clearly does give a toss seeing as he's taken us to the 5th round the last 2 years

It's a rod to beat Gus with. He has said quite clearly that there should only be one league competition and one cup competition. He likes the FA cup but not the League/Carling cup and he hated the JPT (most of our fans did too as they didn't turn up for the ties)
Fans hear what they want to hear and use it as a lazy argument against the management.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here