Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Striker

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
So with Adams now making a striker even more of a priority. Who do people think we should realistically target?

Apparently a deal fell through last week. I imagine that was Barry Hayles.

Personally I am not sure if I want a youngster from a Premiership team or an experienced player like Hayles.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
bet there is no one in before tuesday and we have virgo upfront lose 2-0 and thickey adams says we played well and keep the faith:angry:

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Personally I am not sure if I want a youngster from a Premiership team or an experienced player like Hayles.

Lets not be picky! I will take ANY striker, regardless of age and experience. Just having a player in our team that can call themselves a striker would be a refreshing change.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
MA said it was all agreed but the player then played for his club and scored so the deal was off. Sounds like Shefti Kuqi of Crystal Palace who came on and scored for them in midweek after being told some weeks age he would never play for the club again.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Darren Byfield?

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
byfield turned us down before. will be somebody from either cov, colchester or stoke.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
MA said it was all agreed but the player then played for his club and scored so the deal was off. Sounds like Shefti Kuqi of Crystal Palace who came on and scored for them in midweek after being told some weeks age he would never play for the club again.

Ermmm which midweek precisely? They lost 1-0 at Birmingham on Tuesday night.

And which club was he told a few weeks back he would never play for again (coz he has played in the last 6 palace games)

Kuqi DID score on a Saturday in the Championship on 18th October ... i.e. one week ago ... and he also scored two Saturday's before that as well.

He did have a bust-up with Warnock true -- over a "gesture" he made to the fans -- but that is all water under the bridge now, and has been since late September.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ermmm which midweek precisely? They lost 1-0 at Birmingham on Tuesday night.

And which club was he told a few weeks back he would never play for again (coz he has played in the last 6 palace games)

Kuqi DID score on a Saturday in the Championship on 18th October ... i.e. one week ago ... and he also scored two Saturday's before that as well.

He did have a bust-up with Warnock true -- over a "gesture" he made to the fans -- but that is all water under the bridge now, and has been since late September.

True time goes by so quickly as you get older. It wasnt midweek that he scored but as you say a week ago so we can assume that he wasnt the player and 2 + 2 does not make 5.:D

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Turienzo on loan?

I still don't know quite what happened there. Maybe one day somebody will write a book about it, and it'll turn out Zibi Boniek DIDN'T recommend him, but in fact it was Ali Dia pretending to be him?

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
When must they be signed by to be elligible to play before we all start scouring BBC Sport to see who came back and scored for his club midweek.

have already done that and the only 2 names that crop up off the bench are todorov of charlton and blake of burnley

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here