Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Striker

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
No we went after him when Peter Taylor was here but he was out priced have just thought of his name Andy Morrell is he still at Blackpool as he was a good goalscorer for MA.
Re: Ben Burgess I don't think it was a question of price, it was considered to risky a punt and he then went on to get Blackpool promoted with some crucial goals

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ben Burgess and his agent refused a medical!!!

If my memory serves me right that is correct but did we not offer a lower price without a medical. Something in the back of my mind tells me that we were not prepared to pay the price asked without a medical but would pay a reduced fee about 50k and take a chance.

It's probably been mentioned on here but as i can't be arsed to trawl through everything wasn't Gargan recalled from Lewes where he scored a few?

And if so why wasn't he at least on the bench on Saturday?

I've never seen the guy play but if we recalled him it must have been for a reason.

Or have I had too much sun?

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Isn't it at times like these that our apparent 'special relationship' with Arsenal should deliver something?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Isn't it at times like these that our apparent 'special relationship' with Arsenal should deliver something?

I believe, from an interview I heard with Liam Brady a couple of years ago, that the special relationship only counts when we are in the championship. They don't want their players playing league one level football.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Andy bishop from bury could be a good signing. No chance of a loan though.

Now you're talking. A good young striker, wouldn't cost the earth either, as back up/learning from Forster and Murray.

Won't happen though!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
charlton4144match1.jpg

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Well, we have 11 minutes to finalise details if a new striker is to play tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here