Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New striker for next season. who do we think?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
John O'Flynn,Barnet
Tresor Kandol, Leeds
Jon Obika, Tottenham
Charles Ademeno, Crawley
Rory Fallon, Plymouth

NONE of those are exactly 20+ Goals a season players, or proven though, we need someone who will definately get the goals, none of those would be likely to do that.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Another thing, just noticed that both Billy Paynter and Charlie Austins contracts expire in the summer, surely worth offering a hefty signing on fee and decent wages? Considering the money we would be saving on transfer fees for Paynter.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
What both of them!? :drool:

Both of their contracts expire this summer, when i had a look at Billy Paynter's record on Sky Sports website it stated that his contract wasnt going to be sorted until the end of the season. Either of them would be great signings, and if they stay down its not out of the question.

buller89

Aug 9, 2007
Horsham
Another thing, just noticed that both Billy Paynter and Charlie Austins contracts expire in the summer, surely worth offering a hefty signing on fee and decent wages? Considering the money we would be saving on transfer fees for Paynter.

Austin signed a new contract in Feb according to the Beeb.

Swindon Town striker Charlie Austin has put pen to paper on a new two-and-a-half year contract.

The 20-year-old joined the Robins in October from non-league side Poole Town and has scored 10 goals in 11 starts.

Austin's current deal was due to expire in the summer but the club has activated a clause in the contract which has seen it extended.

Since his arrival Austin has formed a prolific strike partnership with Billy Paynter who scored 16 goals himself.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Austin signed a new contract in Feb according to the Beeb.

Swindon Town striker Charlie Austin has put pen to paper on a new two-and-a-half year contract.

The 20-year-old joined the Robins in October from non-league side Poole Town and has scored 10 goals in 11 starts.

Austin's current deal was due to expire in the summer but the club has activated a clause in the contract which has seen it extended.

Since his arrival Austin has formed a prolific strike partnership with Billy Paynter who scored 16 goals himself.

Apologies, didnt know that. Paynter is still out of contract though:lolol:

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
I have been told that we are lining up Christian Stuani, 6ft tall Uruguayan striker apparently he is on loan somewhere in Spain.

He looks slightly flair
a_Stuani_vt.jpg

Last edited:

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
I have been told that we are lining up Christian Stuani, 6ft tall Uruguayan striker apparently he is on loan somewhere in Spain.

He looks slightly flair
a_Stuani_vt.jpg

looks slightly drunk

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Found this on him....

Manchester United, The Mighty Brighton & Hove Albion and Real Zaragoza track Christian Stuani - report
Uruguayan hitman is the top scorer in Spain's second division...

By Arjun Miglani

Albacete's Christian Stuani could be set for a major move, with his goalscoring exploits in La Segunda attracting plenty of interest.

The Uruguayan forward is currently the pichichi of the second division, having scored eleven times in 16 games. According to Marca, Manchester United, The Albion and Real Zaragoza are now following his progress.

The 23-year-old striker is on loan at Albacete from Reggina, where he has a contract until 2012. Any deal would have to go through the Italian club, who may be keen to see him return, given his recent form.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Both of their contracts expire this summer, when i had a look at Billy Paynter's record on Sky Sports website it stated that his contract wasnt going to be sorted until the end of the season. Either of them would be great signings, and if they stay down its not out of the question.
Paynter is not good enough. An ok player at Port Vale. A Swindon friend also says he's ordinary. Austin is a real talent!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Found this on him....

Manchester United, The Mighty Brighton & Hove Albion and Real Zaragoza track Christian Stuani - report
Uruguayan hitman is the top scorer in Spain's second division...

By Arjun Miglani

Albacete's Christian Stuani could be set for a major move, with his goalscoring exploits in La Segunda attracting plenty of interest.

The Uruguayan forward is currently the pichichi of the second division, having scored eleven times in 16 games. According to Marca, Manchester United, The Albion and Real Zaragoza are now following his progress.

The 23-year-old striker is on loan at Albacete from Reggina, where he has a contract until 2012. Any deal would have to go through the Italian club, who may be keen to see him return, given his recent form.

He's got a brilliant track record.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
gary Hooper would be a BIG signing.... as would Mclean or mackail smith

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Paynter is not good enough. An ok player at Port Vale. A Swindon friend also says he's ordinary. Austin is a real talent!

Paynter is an interesting one as, having never really set the world alight, he has had a fantastic season this year. How much of that is down to Austin and the rest of the Swindon team is impossible to tell but you don't get the goals he has this season without being better than okay at this level.

I think, as has been said elsewhere on the thread, we might well be surprised by our summer signings. Nobody on here predicted any of the January signings as Poyet and Bloom seem to keep their cards closer to their chest than we have before.

I also think Murray will be offered a new deal, as we can't let him run his contract down, but there is no guarantee he will sign. If he doesn't, I think we will try to sell him and bring in a whole new strikeforce for next season so it may be two or three rather than one striker that we need.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Ikechukwu Uche. (the pic was too big last time so i'm posting him again.)

Can't get a game for his team ATM (2 games this season but he was injured.)

Plays for Poyets old club (Zaragoza).

Played 22 times for Nigeria scoring 5 goals.

And his first name, Ikechukwu, means "Power of God" in Igbo.

FLAIR.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Paynter is an interesting one as, having never really set the world alight, he has had a fantastic season this year. How much of that is down to Austin and the rest of the Swindon team is impossible to tell but you don't get the goals he has this season without being better than okay at this level.

I think, as has been said elsewhere on the thread, we might well be surprised by our summer signings. Nobody on here predicted any of the January signings as Poyet and Bloom seem to keep their cards closer to their chest than we have before.

I also think Murray will be offered a new deal, as we can't let him run his contract down, but there is no guarantee he will sign. If he doesn't, I think we will try to sell him and bring in a whole new strikeforce for next season so it may be two or three rather than one striker that we need.

Spot on but sadly I think Murray will be on his way. Leeds would be too good for him to refuse, especially considering the competition there'll be for places next season. He's 27 next year, he knows he's hitting his potential.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here