Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New striker for next season. who do we think?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Simon Cox, can't get in the WBA team at the mo but prolific at this level. If Tony Bloom is serious about spending a lot of money to get us where we need to be, then perhaps a cheeky bid for Charlie Austin. Le Fondre has been mentioned, that would be a good call.

Simon Cox eh? Good call. :clap:

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Darren Freeman off Whitehawk?

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Simon Cox eh? Good call. :clap:

Simon Cox is a good shout, although I would have thought that if he leaves West Brom it will be for a Championship club.

Billy Sarp would be phenominal but is unrealistic. Why would the fourth-top scorer in the Championship drop to League One, no matter how ridiculously-fantastically-unbelievably-brilliantly bloody amazing that League One club may be.

There will be a whole host of Championship clubs after him. God I hope I'm wrong, he would tear League One APART!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Simon Cox is a good shout, although I would have thought that if he leaves West Brom it will be for a Championship club.

Billy Sarp would be phenominal but is unrealistic. Why would the fourth-top scorer in the Championship drop to League One, no matter how ridiculously-fantastically-unbelievably-brilliantly bloody amazing that League One club may be.

There will be a whole host of Championship clubs after him. God I hope I'm wrong, he would tear League One APART!

Why is Billy Sharp unrealistic yet Simon cox isnt.

In truth both are but i would say Cox would cost more in fee and in wages than Sharp.

tube train

Sep 10, 2009
from the championship about about any of the following...

Noel Hunt, Heider Helguson, Marcus Tudgay or Rowan Vine

HP Seagull

Sep 26, 2008
Why is Billy Sharp unrealistic yet Simon cox isnt.

In truth both are but i would say Cox would cost more in fee and in wages than Sharp.

Because Simon Cox hasn't done anything in the Championship. He has been okay, but hasn't scored anywhere near as many goals as Sharp. I would be amazed if we got either though, due to transfer fee, wages and the fact that Championship sides will want them.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Because Simon Cox hasn't done anything in the Championship. He has been okay, but hasn't scored anywhere near as many goals as Sharp. I would be amazed if we got either though, due to transfer fee, wages and the fact that Championship sides will want them.

True Cox hasnt tore it up, but theres no way you would get Cox for 750k which is what is quoted for Sharp and ive no doubt Cox is getting more at WBA than Sharp at Sheff Utd.

Your right though, we have no chance with either if were honest

HP Seagull

Sep 26, 2008
True Cox hasnt tore it up, but theres no way you would get Cox for 750k which is what is quoted for Sharp and ive no doubt Cox is getting more at WBA than Sharp at Sheff Utd.

Your right though, we have no chance with either if were honest

Fair point, although I think after this season Sharp will be in a better position to negotiate higher wages than Cox.

Would love either but, even though I think we may be pleasantly surprised at who comes in over the summer, these two might just be our of reach.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Longshot I know, but Beckford from the leeds united? He'd want huge wages though.....

No chance also add the fact he's signed a pre-contract agreement with everton

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
No chance also add the fact he's signed a pre-contract agreement with everton

and you know this how...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here