Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New striker for next season. who do we think?

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Mackail-Smith or Mclean of Peterborough seeing as they're coming down anyway.

Aaron Mclean would be perfect. 32 goals last year and 19 this year in a struggling side. I reckon he would get us 30 next year.

Manthorpee

I'm Not Jake
Jul 22, 2008
London
Brett Ormerod, still banging in goals but Blackpool may want rid because of his age, could have a good few years at Brighton?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Mclean/dicko swap...plus we give them 250k would be a class bit of business me thinks!

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
and they can have Dickinson in exchange and a £5

Great shout. Dickinson has to go this summer and I think that move might be feasible. We'd have to give them a bit more than a fiver on top though, Mclean is at least three times the player Dickinson is!

Manthorpee

I'm Not Jake
Jul 22, 2008
London
Sebastián Fernández also from Montevideo the same place where Gus and Arismendi from, played International football for Uruguay, good shout!

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Judging on what I've seen of Beckford, it wouldn't surprise me if these bigger teams interested in him have all seen enough to know he's at his standard. Us getting him wouldn't shock news by any means, remember we'll be offering good wages this summer and I bet thats all Beckford is really concerned about. He played under Poyet which was Beckfords most prolific era and he's from the south which will be a persuading factor.
I reckon If a biggish club did come in for him it would be only someone like Sheff United or Cardiff at best. He isn't Premiership quality, far from it as we know from watching Zamora for 3 seasons. basically he's a much better version of Craig Davies. Athletic but no death touch or intelligence.

If not beckford one of these two, Lee Hughes or Chris O'Grady (Rochdale)

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
here is one. stab in the dark of course, but may have the experience Gus would like up front
Carlos Bueno - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now that is FLAIR. However, as Real Sociedad are top of the Segunda Liga, I'd imagine that if Bueno was to remain in Europe, he'd have a crack at a La Liga campaign next season.

If I can go for a colossal FLAIR stab in the dark as well, how about a Real Zaragoza reserve that isn't Jermaine Pennant? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braulio_N%C3%B3brega

On a more down to earth level, as English-based players go, someone pacy like David McGoldrick could do a job, or maybe Swansea's out-of-contract Guillem Bauzà?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It must depend on our formation for next year. If we stick with the 4-5-1 then 3 strikers plus Barker would be enough, but If Gus would prefer a 4-4-2 then we would need 4 first teamers.

I personally would have Murray, Dickinson, Barnes plus another. Me thinks that will be Holroyd but would prefer someone else. someone in the style of Beckford who has pace and can find the goal but maybe a premiership loanee like Man Utd's Brady

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Say you are player A, B or C already at the albion and have been here for say 4-5 years and are on say 1.5k p/w and then player X,Y or Z come in and are on 5-6k p/w what do you think that would do to team morale? Not being the prophet of doom just wishing to play devils advocate perhaps.

RSBLUEANDWHITEARMY

Aug 5, 2009
North Stand
This question has been bounded around for while now as we all know a proven goalscorer is vital in a promotion pushing team and most answers have been Billy Sharpe and unless Bloom is ready to pay his 15k+ wages it is very unlikely that he would be on his way to the Albion, this goes for Simon Cox as well.
I think Gus will play 4-4-2 next season, especially at home and we will need 4 strikers my choice would be:
- Murray, we all know what he brings to the side
- Holroyd, maybe a season long loan to a league 2 side but could be a useful 4th choice
- Simeon Jackson, Gillingham will more than likely stay up however 750k should persuade them, he has scored 14 in the league with a poor side, with Dicker and co providing the service could get 20-25
- Nathan Tyson, could easily score 25+ in league one and with the options Forest have had up front this season could be a good possibility, especially if they go up. The sort of player we should go for if Bloom wants a top 2 finish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here