Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New players

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Don't think Jennings is necessarily an out-and-out winger. He is just as comfortable as a pint-sized striker in the Leon Knight mould (but with a better attitude?). That said, for us in our current position he might be too much of a gamble - as "one for the future" who can contribute something straight away he would be a brilliant signing, but as a player on whom our promotion challenge might ultimately rest it's a big ask for a youngster.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Yeah sure, but so are a few others, but in terms of BUYING........very hard indeed. I am sure Gus will pull something out of the bag in Jan though

He bought Greer though? Definitely not an easy task but that is why it is taking Gus so long to get this "Special" player. Can't wait for January :smile:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think Muzza will be used as the clincher to bring Austin to the club in a cash plus player deal.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Yes please, Austin is 10X the player Glenn is

No, he really isnt. Anyone that thinks that having i presume only seen Austin once or twice, and on the football league show IMO clearly shows a distinct lack of knowledge. They are completely different players.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Austin would score a lot of goals from Murrays knock downs, so we need idealy to sign him as well as rather than instead of Murray but his price may stop that happening.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
All this talk of Charlie Austin but we really would not get him. I'd love to be eating my words come January and we have him but I really can't see him leaving Swindon for us.

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SANTA BRING AUSTIN......

I would just love it if we took him from Swindon...All I hear living here is Austin this and Austin that......

They think they will get 3 million for him......I think about 1.2 mill..

I have seen him 5 or 6 times this year and he will need someone like Murray to play alongside.

Oh and they also think he will NEVER leave Swindon ( deluded fools) also rumored is he has signed a pre contract with Millwall.....

FLAIRtastic

Aug 29, 2010
Jesus wept. We are not going to sign Charlie f***ing Austin, for many reasons. 1. He's playing brilliantly, Swindon wont want to get rid of their prized asset. 2. We will not pay 1 mil plus for a player YET. 3. Championship clubs are after him, QPR and Watford were interested.

The Noone deal is a done deal and the other one is a mystery to me. Unfortunately I can see January being much like the tedious past two transfer windows with fans being built up to be let down with this 'special' player.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
If we couldn't afford Billy Painter's wages, what makes everyone think we could afford Austin's? Bloom will not break the wage structure, even to sign a top forward. Glad to be proved wrong, but I don't think it's likely. I did hear that Swindon's wage budget is bigger than ours.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Jesus wept. We are not going to sign Charlie f***ing Austin, for many reasons. 1. He's playing brilliantly, Swindon wont want to get rid of their prized asset. 2. We will not pay 1 mil plus for a player YET. 3. Championship clubs are after him, QPR and Watford were interested.

The Noone deal is a done deal and the other one is a mystery to me. Unfortunately I can see January being much like the tedious past two transfer windows with fans being built up to be let down with this 'special' player.
Last Jan we signed Calderon, Painter, and I think a couple of others though I can't remember who. The year before that we signed about five players under Adams. They weren't that tedious.

I don't think it's impossible we could sign Austin, just very unlikely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here