Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New players

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
hope it's not another teenage "prospect"

Oh I agree, that last teenage prospect we had was utter shithouse wasn't he?

What was his name again? Dave Lua Lua or something like that.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Pretty low goal scoring stats every other season though. Not one I'd pick out as being a Championship quality player

Averages 1 in 3 starts in the championship, not bad for a player who for many of those games was 20/21 years old. We could splash out £1million on Charlie Austin and he could well turn out to find the jump to the Championship a large one. Add to that a lot of the time i think he was used as a winger, but i may well be wrong.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
He wasn't revealing anything on the 20.31 out of Westfield Westgate last night.
Noone, Jennings and Austin :thumbsup:

Great to see him sitting in normal class and drinking with Albion fans :clap2: - what was the situation at Doncaster anyway? Kept being put over on the tannoy about police intervenance delaying the service, your train was still there when I jumped on mine to head back home.

Sep 1, 2010
We are not in the championship.........amazing how many times people are getting ahead of themselves on this issue. We need players that can get us out of League one THEN Championship players

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
i clearly misswed an earlier thread re Jennings? who does he play for?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
We are not in the championship.........amazing how many times people are getting ahead of themselves on this issue. We need players that can get us out of League one THEN Championship players

No we're not, but if we sign Championship quality players now, then it makes the job (now and next season) a damn sight easier does it not?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Averages 1 in 3 starts in the championship, not bad for a player who for many of those games was 20/21 years old. We could splash out £1million on Charlie Austin and he could well turn out to find the jump to the Championship a large one. Add to that a lot of the time i think he was used as a winger, but i may well be wrong.

True, didn't think about not playing up front all the time

Sep 1, 2010
No we're not, but if we sign Championship quality players now, then it makes the job (now and next season) a damn sight easier does it not?

Of course but if you were manager do you think it would be easy finding a decent one to buy then? Unless the club has serious dosh it is a very difficult task

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Cheers, Dale Jennings, just found details. was looking at another Jennings, Steve! duh

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
What is the legal standing of a pre-deal? Is it an agreement to sign that can be easily overturned by either party or is it a more concrete deal (am assuming it is). Only ask as i wondered if there were specific reasons for them not being revealed.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
He's not really that good though, is he?

Bizzarely given his strike rate this season, Plymouth fans seem to agree and many think BWP is on a lucky streak which will come to an end sooner rather than later. I would have thought that fans of a team which has been playing in the Championship for the last few years would realise that instinctive scorers may have bad runs but rarely lose the talent for scoring unless as the result of injury (Michael Owen comes to mind). As to cost, I think £500K is way over the top for a player out of contract at the end of this season. A swap for Murray perhaps? BWP is currently on a very big deal by all accounts and Murray, if our normal stinginess on pay applies, is probably not. Would I be happy with that? Probably, but nowhere near as happy as Murray being the makewight in a deal to get Austin. Don't get me wrong, I really like and rate Glenn but Austin is different class in the goal stakes and could really give us the edge in reaching our promotion target. And besides can you imagine how much Swinedon fans would hate us if it happened :)

Jennings would be very handy but his inexperience might be a bit of a gamble if we were tempted to rely on him too much as our main goal threat during a very tough run-in

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Not sue I understand why we'd sign Noone AND Jennings, with potentially Lua Lua later. Why do we need three out and out wingers PLUS Bennett?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Not sue I understand why we'd sign Noone AND Jennings, with potentially Lua Lua later. Why do we need three out and out wingers PLUS Bennett?

We only have Bennett as a winger at the club. 2 more would be very welcome and give us good attacking options.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

Strength in depth!! I think Poyet sees Bennett as more of a central figure, running straight at teams with the option to float across the wdith of the pitch. I see your point though, especially as we didn't seem to play Lua Lua away from home very often, would be a bit silly having Lua Lua, Noone and Jennings on the bench for half the season's games! Really can't see us managing to get Jennings though, not if the reports of all the clubs that are meant to be scouting him are true

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here