Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

new players due to sign before the end of the week

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I wonder if the first fixture being at Swindon may rule out Greer leaving to us? Chairman don't like looking silly in their first game at home.

As has been mentioned, Greer will be serving his suspension so will be unavailable for that game.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
As has been mentioned, Greer will be serving his suspension so will be unavailable for that game.

Just read that on the fixtures thread, so perhaps fate has played a hand. Could be in the stripes for the Clobblers game then.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
What like Steve Coppell?
Err yer just like Coppell. Coppell was approached, and accepted it on princical. Itwas only when he was told he would have to make do with the squad he had, and that there was no money to spend that he turned it down. So when I reported Slade out, Coppell in, at the time that was true. Sure enough Slade went,and Coppell then said no.

Maybe you should listen to Bloom's interviews, who has openly stated Poyet was not the first choice. Also if memory serves me right, we didn't exactly send large in the transfer window did we:drool: Don't let history get in the way will ya

Last edited:

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Remember its the blooms money that kept us going at withdean,so to be frank we would probably of gone bust had knight still been in charge.

On topic now:lolol:
Calderon played for us last season as did painter so thats two new signings.im expecting about another 5:thumbsup:

So did Brozovan if you want to be pedantic!!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
and you had the cheek to question why I thought you had an agenda?

So who were the others willing to front the takeover (let alone be the biggest single contributor to it)?
I did ask and you never answered. In fact you stll haven't answered it. :shrug:

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Oh hell, not another thread where someone dared to speak out against some of Dick's not so good bits. People need to move on, Dick was great for a while than ran out of steam and money. He regularly spun transfer news and talked about just missing out on players, and leaked too much to those "in the know". Fortunately Bloom has come in and like Poyet is acting a lot more professionally, hence why signings like Calderon have taken people by surprise.

Definitely the best way to do it in my view. I only want to know when they have signed.

This one gets close...

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Oh hell, not another thread where someone dared to speak out against some of Dick's not so good bits. People need to move on, Dick was great for a while than ran out of steam and money. He regularly spun transfer news and talked about just missing out on players, and leaked too much to those "in the know". Fortunately Bloom has come in and like Poyet is acting a lot more professionally, hence why signings like Calderon have taken people by surprise.

Definitely the best way to do it in my view. I only want to know when they have signed.

Sorry but it was Vulture who started slagging off Dick Knight on this thread as he does regularly and just looking at his signature you can see he has not moved on. I am no "licker" as he immaturely calls people but I don't understand why when people are rightly saying how good Bloom is, they also have to slag off Dick Knight, who was a fantastic chairman and has done more for this club than almost anyone.

Going back to the title of this thread, does it actually say in the Argus that we will have signings by the end of the week as I can't see anything on the online version.

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here