Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

new player very soon on loan

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

We would have the slowest midfield of all time. I can see what each of Crofts, Navarro and Dicker brings to the team but I wouldn't get rid of Bennett just to accomodate them.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
We would have the slowest midfield of all time. I can see what each of Crofts, Navarro and Dicker brings to the team but I wouldn't get rid of Bennett just to accomodate them.

Agreed. I'd stick to 4-4-2

Kuipers

Calderon Virgo Elphick Painter

Bennett Crofts Dicker Lua Lua

Murray Forster/Holroyd/Dickinson

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Can't believe the word "flair" has yet to be used to describe Lua Lua.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
and drop the bloke that Gus clearly thinks is our best player?

I think Dicker is our most creative option and we need him in the middle. That leaves only room for one of Crofts and Navarro. I see Crofts as giving us a more attacking option than Navarro and I think with those 4 in midfield (assuming Lua Lua is any good), this would give us a good chance of creating loads of opportunities for the front two.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Quite. If he was going to drop one of the midfield three it wouldn't be Navarro, and he's unlikely to drop the goal scoring captain, so that just leaves Dicker.

I disagree with dropping Dicker. I think we need one holding midfielder and one attacking, creative midfielder. The big issue we have at the moment I think is that Poyet is picking the best 11 players and not the best team. It is similar to the Gerrard/Lampard issue with England for me and I would prefer to have Dicker and one of Crofts/Navarro.

Having said all that, I know nothing!

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
a central midfield of crofts and dicker is far better than either of those plus navarro. he's a tidy passer of the ball but crofts is a better defensive central midfielder and dicker is a better attacking midfielder. if you're going to play 3 in the middle then cox should play in the gap between central midfielders and the forwards.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Have we got official confirmation yet?

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Argus says LuaLua has signed but is not in tonights squad!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
UNREAL - he was here yesterday and has today to train - the team doesn't have to be announced so far in advance so no reason for him not to play tonight or at least give us the option of "something different" off the bench - can't believe the Argus are right on this but then again I can't understand the club's reluctance to inform their supporters either. They seem intent on pissing everyone off att the moment with PR mistake after PR mistake

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
UNREAL - he was here yesterday and has today to train - the team doesn't have to be announced so far in advance so no reason for him not to play tonight or at least give us the option of "something different" off the bench - can't believe the Argus are right on this but then again I can't understand the club's reluctance to inform their supporters either. They seem intent on pissing everyone off att the moment with PR mistake after PR mistake

Ken Brown the Millwall fans hated him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here