Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New manager to be announced on TUESDAY *~*~*

bobbybighead

Jun 7, 2007
Poyet !

Gus Poyet would be a good choice not sure what he is up to did well at Leeds. They went into freefall when he left and Wise was left in charge. Poyet has passion which we need in bucket loads.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If it's passion we need we should be going after a Croatian.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
How much did his squad cost? I'd wager, less than any other team in the Premiership last season? Silk purse and sow's ear spring to mind, although he did pretty well overall at Reading didn't he?

Err........Reading were not in the Premiership last season, so they had a squad that cost a lot more than most teams in the Championship, and also had the parachute money from the Prem from the previous season.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Would be great if it was Coppell. I can't think of a single time in his career where he's not done well.

Err............Palace relegated twice under him, Brighton relegated once under him, Reading relegated once under him, and he has gone into Manchester City history as their shortest serving manager, lasting a terrific 33 days.

........and of course there was that NINE goal thriller at Anfield too.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Err............Palace relegated twice under him, Brighton relegated once under him, Reading relegated once under him, and he has gone into Manchester City history as their shortest serving manager, lasting a terrific 33 days.

........and of course there was that NINE goal thriller at Anfield too.

Yes and Palace were also promoted twice under him, he was promoted with Reading, and if I remember rightly, he also left us (not through choice as you well know) 4 points clear at the top of the table. Our relegation was hardly his fault either.

I think he should be our one and only target, and then only worry about who else if he says no.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Peter Crouch-he's got experience at a higher level,or is giraffe putting himself forward,or is he crouchy?:dunce::shootself

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Oh gawd not southgate. Why do so many clowns think ex-manure players make good managers. For their resources they are generally shit.

Presume you don't care for Coppell then, not sure that Southgate would be right for us either.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yes and Palace were also promoted twice under him, he was promoted with Reading, and if I remember rightly, he also left us (not through choice as you well know) 4 points clear at the top of the table. Our relegation was hardly his fault either.

I think he should be our one and only target, and then only worry about who else if he says no.

1. It was his choice to leave us, and I don't blame him for doing so. His comment just before leaving was

"I haven't made up my mind. I am torn as I have a great thing going on here with the players staff and club itself. The negatives are the negatives that Dick Knight has been speaking about the stadium.

"The players have been fabulous. They were cracking jokes about it on Thursday and Friday, and yet they were able to concentrate. I was mindful that the sideshow might have taken over today."

2. We were one point ahead when he chose to leave.

3. I think he did a great job as manager in the Championship, to the extent that with nine matches to go we were out of the relegation zone, but were five points adrift at the end of the season, so if he wasn't responsible for the end of season form...........who was?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Jamie Redknapp?

His lovely wife would be most welcome:thumbsup:

Louise-Redknapp-26-small.JPG

louise_redknapp_hot_girl_bed.jpg

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Oh gawd not southgate. Why do so many clowns think ex-manure players make good managers. For their resources they are generally shit.

Too many people have beaten me to it. You do need to do some research.

Would be great if it was Coppell. I can't think of a single time in his career where he's not done well. Gets the best out of his players and has a good eye for a player.

He might do a good job but I think El President has already pointed out the shortcomings in your statement.

What I can't believe is the amount of so called fans who are digging a big hole for themselves but announcing that if so and so comes then they won't. Don't you realise that managers and players are all transients to the club but fans support should be eternal. I don't want Wise to be manager but if he is, that's not going to stop me coming to the games. How stupid will you look if he gets us winning and climbing the table. Nose, face, spite, of, cut, your (twice), to are words that spring to mind.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
What I can't believe is the amount of so called fans who are digging a big hole for themselves but announcing that if so and so comes then they won't. Don't you realise that managers and players are all transients to the club but fans support should be eternal. I don't want Wise to be manager but if he is, that's not going to stop me coming to the games. How stupid will you look if he gets us winning and climbing the table. Nose, face, spite, of, cut, your (twice), to are words that spring to mind.

:thumbsup: Exactly. I am not Wises number 1 fan, but would give him my support if he was a Brighton manager.

Coppell for me, then Curbs or 3rd choice and Poyet / maybe Wise.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
“We are working hard to secure the right manager for the club. We cannot put a timescale on it. We may have a manager in by Saturday, we may not, we really do have no idea. "
T. Bloom, 1.11.09

That would suggest that the title of this thread has the whiff of some bollocks about it.

Bloom will work tirelessly to make this happen. Bloom won't be telling the Argus everytime he has an interview. Bloom is not Dick Knight.

Bloom understands that to under promise but over deliver is the art of being a good leader. If it's not tomorrow, then it will be Wednesday.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
1. It was his choice to leave us, and I don't blame him for doing so. His comment just before leaving was

2. We were one point ahead when he chose to leave.

3. I think he did a great job as manager in the Championship, to the extent that with nine matches to go we were out of the relegation zone, but were five points adrift at the end of the season, so if he wasn't responsible for the end of season form...........who was?

1. He chose to leave because it was made clear that the club could not afford to turn down the money were Reading were offering. Still his choice I grant you, but it's chirlish to think that his hand was not forced in so many ways.

2. Whatever, the point is, we were top of the table, and playing great football.

3. And when he came we were 9 points adrift of safety with already 12 games gone. Of course he was responsible for the end of season form, but the fact that he even got us to where we were with nine games to go was nothing short of a miracle.

El Pres, are you saying that you think Coppell would not be a good appointment?

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Just heard. All I am told is they are experienced at a higher level, and are currently out of work.

But that could be Curbishley, Coppell or Wise. Trying to find out more.

Bullshit - according to todays Arsegas Bloom has drawn up a SHORTLIST so interviews or further interviews will have to take place before a final decision is made!

May not be in place for Wycombe at the weekend - if someone was being appointed on Tuesday why appoint an interim for 24 hours??!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here