Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Kit

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Are we due a new home kit next season?
If so, how about a nice retro version of the all blue from the early 80's, preferably by Adidas. One season only, then back to the stripes.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
whatever it'll be, it's what errea have got stacked up in the back room - so rather than discuss it on here go to their website and see what rubbish sunday league kits they are selling this week and imagine them in blue and white.

we can only keep our fingers crossed for royal blue, and maybe, if the board are feeling frisky, more than 2 white stripes so we don't look like every other team in the league.

grrrrrrrrr.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
keep it stripes , bur have the back as stripes as well .

Didn't think that was allowed under FL rules now?

Yes, we are due a new home one for next season. I think the white away/third kit is also due for a change.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
It is possibly all change for nxt season, home and both away kits are all going to change i think, home and white have done couple of seasons now and i'm sure the yellow was a one season only kit.

Also i think our deal with errea is up and sponsorship with Skint runs out also.... so could be lots of changes.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
It is possibly all change for nxt season, home and both away kits are all going to change i think, home and white have done couple of seasons now and i'm sure the yellow was a one season only kit.

Also i think our deal with errea is up and sponsorship with Skint runs out also.... so could be lots of changes.

Correct, Errea's deal runs out this summer

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Didn't think that was allowed under FL rules now?

Pretty certain that is not the case. Several other teams play in shirts with stripes front and back. I believe the reason we have the solid back is because our shirts are "off the shelf" so have to comply with other leagues where this is the case.

As for a new shirt, not really bothered myself :jester:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Errea's kits are decent, the socks are so comfy. I'd like to see a retro shirt with more stripes and perhaps and adjustment to the badge.

Green and black away kit would be nice for a change :D

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
I asked a bloke in the shop yesterday and it'll still be skint and errea apparently.

I want the donny kit from last season as our home kit

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
The shirts need to have COLLARS to look sophisticated. And the hemline at the bottom should be straight, not that teardrop cut.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Much as I dislike the club, I do like Portsmouth's shirts this season, although they probably don't look so good on fat people.

Made by Canterbury, I believe, who mostly provide rugby kits, but perhaps they'd be looking for a few more football clients.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
This one.

Attachments

• ward.jpg
    ward.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 560

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Much as I dislike the club, I do like Portsmouth's shirts this season, although they probably don't look so good on fat people.

Made by Canterbury, I believe, who mostly provide rugby kits, but perhaps they'd be looking for a few more football clients.

I think that Canterbury is a New Zealand company who do Rugby shirts mostly. All the Pompey players shirts are made to measure to suit each players preferences. I guess the replica shirts are to a standard template/format.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
interestingly nike have started doing kits for lower league teams - grimsby, hartlepools, walsall - they look very smart but no doubt the mark up is nowhere near as good as errea but you have to wonder how much kit we would shift it was nike?

i believe that nike aren't directly involved with the kits and the teams get them through a third party, much like ordering sunday league kit - but times 5k or whatever.

i don't mind errea but i don't like having the same stitching and patterns etc as other errea clubs.

i think we should go back to just having a seagull as the logo like the sky blue kit and yellow kit from 2 years ago.

a green and black kit would be cool, classic albion.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
New home and away, yellow will more than likely be demoted to the 3rd kit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here