Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Fanzine

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Well done for getting this up and running - looking forward to reading a copy this weekend.

I do feel really old though - the next generation taking up the cudgels. As long as you dont let your old man write anything :thumbsup:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
If I had to offer a tip it would be to get the manager onside if you want access to players for interviews/features etc. We failed in that to a certain extent (not exclusively our fault as there were a lot of extentuating factors that I would not wish to go into) and it did create some difficulties for us.

Don't worry about injecting humour or having a joke at the expense of the players though! What's the worst that can happen? (other than a former dutch marine pinning you up against a wall while your editor pisses himself!)

I wouldn't say I was pissing myself sir! As I recall me, Owen and Leigh were bricking it and hoping you'd come out alive...Michel brandishing the mag and shouting "you know what I do with this? I use it when I go to the toilet!" remains to this day five times scarier than anything I've witnessed in professional journalism.

I wouldn't worry about getting the club too onside though. We did our best to do things through the proper channels and still got treated really shabbily (there's that word again) by the press department at the club. My advice would be to keep things as covert as you can, as long as you can win Micky over (which I did quite easily when I dealt with him directly) you'll be fine :)

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Well done for getting this up and running - looking forward to reading a copy this weekend.

I do feel really old though - the next generation taking up the cudgels. As long as you dont let your old man write anything :thumbsup:

Ahem!!

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Nice one, it's a top read and I really like the punk Sniffing Glue courier typeset.

Paid my quid yesterday, so make sure you get it back.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
The fanzine will be on sale tonight outside the south stand turnstiles.

You can also buy TSLR online using PayPal from the seagull love review

TOP TIP Unsatisfied buyers; Use your fanzine as a small but effective bonnet in tonights iffy weather.

Am going tonight now, fella, so will pick up a copy. Am looking forward to giving it a good read on the late train home.

If the game goes to penalties, I might have to sleep underneath it, let alone shelter from the rain :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here