Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Fanzine

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Oh said:
Er, no it doesn't. It may, possibly, be having a little dig at particular people who deem it necessary to put every detail of their lives on here.

I am just about to have poached eggs on toast.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
f***ing ace. Twatting nice one.
Bit of a strange name for a fanzine though - can you EXPLAIN ? ???

we didn't fancy a vaguely funny albion related play on words, which is the normal route for fanzines.

the name has a little to do with the Modern Review - Toby Young and Julie Burchill's old magazine - which I thought had a nice ring to it. the 'Seagull Love' bit gives context to the review part i suppose.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
house your seagull - I'm not going to be around for the next couple of matches, but as an ex fanzine editor myself (along with Bozza on S&S) I'd like to see a copy - can you put a copy aside until I'm back 'online' in September?

Cheers

Papa

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
house your seagull - I'm not going to be around for the next couple of matches, but as an ex fanzine editor myself (along with Bozza on S&S) I'd like to see a copy - can you put a copy aside until I'm back 'online' in September?

Cheers

Papa

yeah course, email an order to tslr@hotmail.co.uk, that way we have a record. we will send them in the post if people want - i'm going to set up a paypal link soon. keep an eye on the website.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What a RIDICULOUS thing to SAY, if it wasn't for Gulls Eye there wouldn't have been a CLUB for Scars and Stripes to write ABOUT :angry::angry::angry:

What a RIDICULOUS thing to say... Gulls Eye was out first fanzine and was perfect for the time (hard hitting and had very good contributors). However, S&S was a different type of fanzine for a different time.

They were both different and both relevant and excellent in different ways.. now build a bonfire - that was shite.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
What a RIDICULOUS thing to say... Gulls Eye was out first fanzine and was perfect for the time (hard hitting and had very good contributors). However, S&S was a different type of fanzine for a different time.

They were both different and both relevant and excellent in different ways.. now build a bonfire - that was shite.

What a RIDICULOUS thing to say, Gulls Eye now is still a good read whilst S & S is nothing :nono::nono::nono:

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What a RIDICULOUS thing to say, Gulls Eye now is still a good read whilst S & S is nothing :nono::nono::nono:

Ok. We all have different opinions. I must admit I've not read either recently; and I'm sure a lot of the Archer / Bellotti stuff is still worth reading simply for its 'historical' context... after all there was a lot going on in those days.

I wrote for both fanzines so I'm happy either way.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
S&S was a worthy effort, but I think you are dissing the original Gulls Eye by not mentioning it.

Gulls Eye will never be forgotten, but it was very amateurish compared with the mighty Scars and Stripes.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
read it on the train coming home , well worth 100p. I enjoyed Glory Boy and Chelsea Twat from a "real fan" perspective :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here