Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Fanzine

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Will the next issue contain the second instalment of "A regular NSCer writes" and include true life user names ?. It can be hard to work out who it is from alterations like The Complete Todger or Withdean Wanker or seagullsovergatwick

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
"Keep The Faith" whose founder and editor is still on NSC :thumbsup:, ran for two seasons during Micky Adam's first spell (hence the name).

Actually a lot of the contributors are still on NSC or on the "more refined" Internet Seagulls Mailing List.

It is very hard work to maintain a quality read and I know the Editor worked his proverbials off on it each month.

Ultimately though we found the instant nature of the internet was a huge challenge to a successful fanzine and meant that the contributors had to work that much harder to ensure that the columns did not became dated before the issue could hit the streets.

It was fun though. I wish you good luck in your new venture as I also am of the belief that "every football club needs a fanzine".

If I had to offer a tip it would be to get the manager onside if you want access to players for interviews/features etc. We failed in that to a certain extent (not exclusively our fault as there were a lot of extentuating factors that I would not wish to go into) and it did create some difficulties for us.

Don't worry about injecting humour or having a joke at the expense of the players though! What's the worst that can happen? (other than a former dutch marine pinning you up against a wall while your editor pisses himself!)

Seriously though, if you have the time and are prepared to put in the effort, you will enjoy it :)

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Good luck to you mate..... but how can I get my copy in Turkey?

See eveyone Thursday when I'll be back in Turkey and online! :)

Gosh I've missed you all ( now how GAY is that!?!):blush:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Almost 20 years to the day that we gave out 2,000 free copies of the first ever Gulls Eye, I wish the new publication every success, my lad bought a copy and then left it at Gresty Road, but I'll try and get a look on Tuesday night.

Without wishing to really enter the debate for what its worth in my opinion I don't think there is definitive 'best ever Albion fanzine' they all came at different times, so comparison is very difficult.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I am f***ing overjoyed about this (as I made clear to the production team outside the ground loudly on Satdi, for which I would like to apologise - I'd had four Guinnesses in an hour)

I'd spent the whole summer wondering whether to do one again. It was criminal that the club didn't have a fanzine. This is brilliant. Really well designed and funny, far better than anything I could have managed.

I vaguely know one of the lads behind it (he was on the same course as me at uni, a year below) and he's a top bloke. Really f***ing chuffed. We should all get behind em. I'd love to help out with sales and all that (I'll email you TSLR)

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
As Bozza mentioned earlier on, we have on a number of occasions thought about bring Scars back, but with the immediacy of the internet the 'informing' part of what a fanzine used to do is no longer relevant.

Best of luck with the new one, I hope it's a success.

Papa

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
So encouraging to ehar some of the support. People putting themselves fully into something like this for our benefit - and the reponse of some?

Sorry Kev but your feedback is utter bollocks.

No laugh out loud moments - what the f*** are you expecting - the nex script of Fawlty Towers?

Fucks sake - I had a look through it on Saturday evening and thought it was a good read, well put together and for a first issue really good to see.

I hope that you continue in your efforts and that any requests for stuff / articles or ideas should be poisted on here and people can perhaps spean 30 minutes of their life helpign out with ideas or even efforts themselves.

Rather than sit on their spotty backsides whinging that is

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
I hope that you continue in your efforts and that any requests for stuff / articles or ideas should be poisted on here and people can perhaps spean 30 minutes of their life helpign out with ideas or even efforts themselves.

Rather than sit on their spotty backsides whinging that is

if anybody wants to talk to TSLR, PM me or tslr@hotmail.co.uk.

to reiterate, the mag will be available on tuesday and saturday outside the ground.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
if anybody wants to talk to TSLR, PM me or tslr@hotmail.co.uk.

to reiterate, the mag will be available on tuesday and saturday outside the ground.

Well done fella, have not seen a copy, but it sounds like you've both done a cracking job, nice one. How many late nights for the first issue?!

I like the blog, too, btw. The TSLR001 thingie sounds a bit like a catalogue number on a piece of vinyl. Got me all wistful :)

:clap:

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
Well done fella, have not seen a copy, but it sounds like you've both done a cracking job, nice one. How many late nights for the first issue?!

I like the blog, too, btw. The TSLR001 thingie sounds a bit like a catalogue number on a piece of vinyl. Got me all wistful :)

:clap:

ah, happy days, from proofing teenagers problem pages at FHM to my own fanzine, i owe it all to you ELS!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here