What new fanzine?

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Never heard of it. More info please.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Never heard of it. More info please.

32 pages, costs a quid, quite a decent read although could probably do with a few more laughs. Can't complain at a £1 though, certainly killed a bit of the journey home.

Decent start though, wonder if it'll last the whole season or fail where various other fanzines have also failed.

Oh, and there's a NSC parody in there too, basically slagging us all off.

Good stuff. :clap:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Where is it that other fanzines have failed? In your opinion, like.

In terms of 'failed', I mean lasted 3 issues or so before being scrapped.

I should also point out that i'm talking about recent fanzines (Brighton Rocks, Come Over the Dyke, We Want Falmer)....obviously there's been successful fanzines in the past, before my time!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Don't remember any of those you list, but that's not surprising given the longevity (or lack of) you describe.

We did Scars & Stripes for at least 3 seasons, including the Gillingham years. 40 pages, full colour, incredibly well designed and printed and all for a quid. We made a profit and gave money back to the club. Bloody hard work though.

The Albion needs a fanzine. Interestingly, only this time last week myself and a fellow ex-S&S editor were, whilst very drunk, discussing about doing one again. Good luck to those who have stepped into the fold.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I know the guy who does this so I was obliged to purchase today, although I'll never turn down a fanzine, especially when there's a 5 hour return journey to kill.

I was quite impressed with it for a first issue. Its really well presented and has a few good ideas. They clearly need some contributions and it will be much easier to fill once the season gets underway, but for a first effort (and presumably a hell of a lot of effort) they deserve congratulations!

Also, Scars and Stripes and Brighton Rocks were amazing. I wish there was a regular fanzine nowadays - the offical programmes have little content and cost a lot more. Train journeys home are not the same without them!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've not read all of it yet. But I think it needs more swearing.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
As the former editor of one of the former fanzines mentioned, I can confirm that it lasted more than 3 issues. In fact I think we managed a whole SEASON!

We could never match the exceedingly high production values of the legendary Scars and Stripes, mind.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Scars and Stripes was indeed our best ever fanzine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here