Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New England kit 'leaked'?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
It's f***ing rubbish and an absolute DISGRACE to not have our WORLD CUP WINNERS star sewn up in gold as every other select nation with a World Cup to their name have on their shirts.

PISSTAKE

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I think it looks excellent, and would love it if Ireland got something similar (and given that our shirt is normally little more than a green version of the current England shirt, here's hoping!).

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
A new process? sounds very impressive but I could have got similar results buying a tennis shirt and sticking an England badge on it

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
There should only be one design for the England shirt, and it's time to copy this special Inter Milan effort.

Class

1235620740_d01121f6b6_o.jpg

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
It's f***ing rubbish and an absolute DISGRACE to not have our WORLD CUP WINNERS star sewn up in gold as every other select nation with a World Cup to their name have on their shirts.

PISSTAKE

So do you want me to pre-order you one then? They're only 50 quid? :laugh:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Question - 'Opponents name under the crest', so what will the replica shirt have? Will it initially have Slovakia/Ukraine? Will stores get new batches in for every game? So different batch for Wednesday, and then a different batch for Saturday? Will they change it to a nice slogan on replica shirts? So many questions! Thoughts??
Depending on when you buy it the replica shirt will have the name of whoever we're playing next on it. The idea being that hopefully you'll buy a new replica shirt for every game.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
We've never played with white shorts as part of the regular home kit, have we?

You are correct, with two exceptions. The white shorts have always been an alternative to the navy, except in the 1970 world cup we had an all white kit. We also played in all-white prior to 1882.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
In answer to my own question, the new shirt will be worn with white shorts and socks. It seems the image posted above is likely correct as a lot of websites have now removed the image, which was not leaked by the FA, but by Haymarket Media Ltd (FourFourTwo).

Oops!

Last edited:

phil1977

"And now on Whistle Test"
Nov 19, 2004
Bristol
I really like it! It's simple, no garish red swirly patterns on it, reminds me of the holland shirt a couple of years back. it's definitely not worth 50 quid though.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I really like it! It's simple, no garish red swirly patterns on it, reminds me of the holland shirt a couple of years back. it's definitely not worth 50 quid though.

I quite agree... they definately needed to do something totally different with this shirt because the umbro templates are becoming quite boring.

Sports direct will be selling the shirts for £40 when they come out. I would hazard a guess that come Christmas they will be even cheaper than that.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I LOVE IT - the least chavvy England top since the '96 home one for me..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here