Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New Club Statement on OS

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
So....exactly my point then? As nothing CONCRETE has come out in the last couple of months - one poor interview admittedly, but in the heat of the moment that's not enough to totally change your view of someone.

Not one poor interview at all, there are many other things that have happened within the last year and not only the last two months, that I have found hard to take as a fan of the Albion.
Read my signature of a good example of one of them.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What players ?

And don't say bridge as that was all about £££££££

Small chance of getting Bridge gone
Probably Upson
Van Dijk

David and El Abd stalling on deals.

Obviously Gus would've been tracking others we don't know about.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We lost any (small) chance of getting Bridge, we've probably lost Upson, and David and El Abd (one team man) are currently wavering. It's also quite possible we'd have 1-2 deals done for new players if Gus was still in charge.

To suggest this hasn't damaged us at all is daft.
So do you think he'd have been here next season without all of this mess?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not one poor interview at all, there are many other things that have happened within the last year and not only the last two months, that I have found hard to take as a fan of the Albion.
Read my signature of a good example of one of them.

Oh, sorry, I forgot you were a needy, insecure, possessive 12 year old girl. Can we have a thread just for those without insecurity issues to discuss Gus?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
No he wouldn't if they were as confident as others have said that he IS in breach of contract. Then they could've put a new manager in and we could've got on with strengthening the team while Gus appeals his sacking.

COMPLETELY WRONG. Have you ever had to deal with sacking someone?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think it will be WAY past tomorrow before anything comes out. In the meantime our pre-season continues to be damaged, and therefore our prospects for next season.

As I said earlier, tomorrow or Fri. Stay tuned!

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
And there it is. A fan base that was once so united, now in pro-club, pro-Poyet (or whoever) categories and totally split. Very unhealthy, and has a scarily familiar ring to it.
Because the are pro manager and Pro board on NSC, I think its a bit dramatic to say the fans are split. A handful of fans are debating the issue. The club is hardly torn down the middle is it :eek::ffsparr::ffsparr: Talk about over reaction!!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

No idea. Replace "all of this mess" with "Barber" and yes, he'd definitely still be here I think.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Close season then. El Abd and David would've signed new deals by now and we quite possibly would've heard of other new deals coming in by now if Gus was in charge.
Have to spoken to Adam El-Abd. Have to spoken to David. How can you possibly say that? How can you know that?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Our prospects for next season are damaged anyway. Survival WILL be the name of the game for us next season.

You really need to work on your positive outlook.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As I said earlier, tomorrow or Fri. Stay tuned!

Really? A 500 page dossier, completely disseminated in that time, and then an agreement reached between both parties? Be very happy if true.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Oh, so it's just a MASSIVE coincidence that those on your side of the fence are almost ALL the EXACT same people who have always complained about his style of play.

Not born yesterday mate.

Please find and post those where I have complained about the style please. You are shooting from the hip now.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
No he wouldn't if they were as confident as others have said that he IS in breach of contract. Then they could've put a new manager in and we could've got on with strengthening the team while Gus appeals his sacking.

Seriously you are barking up the wrong tree here. Follow procedure whatever the breeches or lose in court, simple. Confidence etc is not demonstrated by speed, ideally you want to move quickly if poss, but by following laid down guidelines and procedures.

On your point a guy could be caught stealing from his employers (no suggestion for gus) and if you sack and dont follow rules you will lose in court even though your reasons are correct.

By the way I work in hr

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Our prospects for next season are damaged anyway. Survival WILL be the name of the game for us next season.

Rubbish. If Gus goes tomorrow then I'm fairly sure we'll have somebody else lined up to replace him. As long as he is in place by when the players get back on Monday, we'll be fine. Zola became Watford manager on 7th July last year, didn't seem to do them any harm.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Well we've already missed out on 2-3 players by the sounds of it, so it could be yes.

Yes, but the 2-3 players we have (allegedly) missed out on will, in turn, have freed up some budget which can be spent on some other players in due course. Depending on who the manager turns out to be, who's to say that these different and as yet unknown players, together with the high quality existing core squad which we still have, won't produce overall a better-balanced and higher quality team than what we'd have had in the first place?

The point is, you just don't know, so it seems daft to assume the worst.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If the club were confident he had breached his contract, they would have to follow process, but the process that has drawn this out appears to be a lengthy investigation. Surely if they were so confidence, the evidence wouldn't take so long to compile as there'd be more of it/it would be more definitive?

All of the vacancies were filled without anyone being willing to pay the buy out fee required to get Gus off of us. So, it would come down to if the club were to reduce the playing budget, which gus said could lead to him leaving, and someone posted on here that the playing budget is untouched, so... probably!

Last edited:

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Wrong! They have to follow due process.

Seriously you are barking up the wrong tree here. Follow procedure whatever the breeches or lose in court, simple. Confidence etc is not demonstrated by speed, ideally you want to move quickly if poss, but by following laid down guidelines and procedures.

On your point a guy could be caught stealing from his employers (no suggestion for gus) and if you sack and dont follow rules you will lose in court even though your reasons are correct.

By the way I work in hr

You are talking to a brick wall mate.

No matter how many time people tell him there is a procedure in cases like this, they just will not accept it.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I look forward to when this new manager of ours steps in and is a real Albion-loving man of the people who has no interest in his own career gain or wish for a larger budget in order to compete with those higher up the table. That is pretty much what most managers are like, so it will be a huge relief to locate an alternative to the ghoulish egotist Gus "All About Me" "Moneybags" Poyet. Fingers crossed someone of the likes of Redknapp eh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here