Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New Club Statement on OS

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Eh? No they aren't? The "as quickly as possible" route would've been just to pay up his contract and fire him. Managers get fired all the time, it's a very simple, uncomplicated process.

Very quick. Very simple. Very expensive.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
But he wouldnt since whatever the breeches you still have to investigate, call hearings etc. The lenght of time here, whilst not great, is absolutely no indication of the strength either way. And of course the lma support him in public , they are his union and no doubt he pays dues to them, what else would they do?

No - if the club were very confident he was in breach of contract they would've sacked him for breach of contract from the outset and then he would appeal it if it was incorrect.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
COMPLETELY depends on whether the club have grounds to fire him. We still don't know that they do.

Agreed. Wait until tomorrow.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
If you'd had any dealings with Unions. In my work I've had many. You would know that they will spin an argument in their favour whether they believe they have a strong position or not, and are usually more interested in the PR and looking like they are defending their member.

I understand where you are coming from. They are hardly likely to say publicly that they think Gus is in trouble, or has a weak case. Gus is a member and obviously as such they will support and stand by him as much as possible. I also find it interesting that the statements from them have stopped since the Albion's last statement, reserving the right to take action against them.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Agreed. Wait until tomorrow.

I think it will be WAY past tomorrow before anything comes out. In the meantime our pre-season continues to be damaged, and therefore our prospects for next season.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I am struggling with it because it is only you and a few others who are absolutely sure the club have this right
do you know they are on solid ground
if you know something I don't then PM me and I will take it on board
otherwise I will continue to struggle with this as it does seem to me as though the club want rid why Oh why can they not be honest get rid pay up and get on with next season.
it does occur to me that they suspended him spent for 4 weeks digging the dirt and now might have a very flimsy case if this is not so and if they have a cast iron case why did they not sack him.
the club obviously did not find anything on Tanno but now they have 500 pages of stuff on Gus you just could not make it up
this is saying that Gus has 500 pages of something that Tanno did not know about that to me is like saying Reggie did not know what Ronnie was up to
does not sit good with me I am afraid

Patience. All will be sorted very soon.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I don't know why you're bothering to debate it with them. They only think it because they want Gus gone, regardless of what has gone on.
I don't think that is close to being true. I think the tide has turned on Gus since this happened. In my case, I'll be honest I've wanted Gus gone for over a year, as I think with what he has had to work with, the results have been very average but thats for another discussion.

People could equally say, why are the pro-clubers debating with the pro-Poyeters, because most of the Poyet supporters cannot see past him taking us from league one to 4th in the championship (despite the factors that allowed that), so will not have a bad word said against him, and can not accept their beloved Gus could act against the club?!?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I think it will be WAY past tomorrow before anything comes out. In the meantime our pre-season continues to be damaged, and therefore our prospects for next season.

Our prospects for next season are damaged anyway. Survival WILL be the name of the game for us next season.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Is that £2m worth potentially damaging our prospects for next season/long term quite badly?

But again you are not putting your hand in your pocket. Bloom currently writes a cheque for 8m to cover losses plus 20m odd for training ground. Maybe he does not want to pay the extra 2m to someone who he feels has breeches his contract.

I agree though about next season, but easy for us to say, not our money

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not at all, in my case he has gone from hero to zero in the last couple of months.

So....exactly my point then? As nothing CONCRETE has come out in the last couple of months - one poor interview admittedly, but in the heat of the moment that's not enough to totally change your view of someone.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
They haven't spent four weeks digging the dirt. They have spent the last four investigating the "alleged" breach of contract. What they haven't done is rush to judgement with little examination of the facts. Surely it is proper that allegations are thoroughly investigated before a judgement is made. Given that we still DO NOT KNOW what the allegations are we are in no position to say whether the club have acted poorly or not. What has been clear is that the club have taken this matter seriously and do not want to be accused of dispensing rough justice.

There is a crapload of money at stake here and it is important that i's are dotted and t's crossed.

I minded to side with the club here as it is Tony's project at risk here and he is more likely to have the club's interests at heart rather than Gus who will be concerned about his career.

yes I see where you are coming from
and take your points on board
but still there is this nagging doubt over the Tanno suspension and then the lifting there of
were all the accusations different for all three if so this really does look very much like a witch hunt it really does look like the club have been stacking up points against differently on all three.
I believe in Tony and the "project" and really have no feelings one way or the other about Barber
I have and always will be a supporter of the Albion and over the years have never seen anything like this even in the bad years when we lost the Goldstone at least then we knew who the ****ing villains were I doubt we will ever know who they are now .

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Our prospects for next season are damaged anyway. Survival WILL be the name of the game for us next season.

I'm sorry. At what point did we lose Ulloa, Buckley, Orlandi, Bridcutt, LuaLua, Bruno, Calderon, Greer and Kusczsak?

I missed have missed the part where didn't have a good team any more.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I don't think that is close to being true. I think the tide has turned on Gus since this happened. In my case, I'll be honest I've wanted Gus gone for over a year, as I think with what he has had to work with, the results have been very average but thats for another discussion.

People could equally say, why are the pro-clubers debating with the pro-Poyeters, because most of the Poyet supporters cannot see past him taking us from league one to 4th in the championship (despite the factors that allowed that), so will not have a bad word said against him, and can not accept their beloved Gus could act against the club?!?

And there it is. A fan base that was once so united, now in pro-club, pro-Poyet (or whoever) categories and totally split. Very unhealthy, and has a scarily familiar ring to it.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Regardless of the outcome the club have ALREADY ****ed up by letting it drag out right across pre-season.
That is a major :flounce::flounce::flounce: and over reaction

Considering how pre-season isn't due to start for another week, its a bit misleading to say the club have ****ed up by letting drag right across pre-season, when pre-season hasn't even started! If you are going to be anti the club without knowing the facts, I think you may need to come up with a better one than that!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It hasn't dragged out over pre-season. Players report for pre-season training on Monday.

Close season then. El Abd and David would've signed new deals by now and we quite possibly would've heard of other new deals coming in by now if Gus was in charge.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
But again you are not putting your hand in your pocket. Bloom currently writes a cheque for 8m to cover losses plus 20m odd for training ground. Maybe he does not want to pay the extra 2m to someone who he feels has breeches his contract.

I agree though about next season, but easy for us to say, not our money

I'm not talking from my point of view. I'm talking from the clubs'. It is very damaging for THEM, for this to be dragged out for so long.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here