Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New Club Statement on OS

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
...but that statement is alleged to be incorrect by the other side, surely they are allowed a response on behalf of the club.

To what end?

If the board are correct and the LMA statement is inaccurate and unfair then what do they gain by making a public statement to that effect?

Likewise I don't understand why the board made the initial statement the way they did nor why the LMA responded at this stage.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
To what end?

If the board are correct and the LMA statement is inaccurate and unfair then what do they gain by making a public statement to that effect?

Likewise I don't understand why the board made the initial statement the way they did nor why the LMA responded at this stage.

Correct. The club doesn't issue a statement every single time something negative is suggested about them?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
COMPLETELY depends on whether the club have grounds to fire him. We still don't know that they do.

It's very obvious that they strongly think they do though. Therefore we should support them in trying to save the club approx £2m from an ego maniac manager who was only ever really interested in himself?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's very obvious that they strongly think they do though. Therefore we should support them in trying to save the club approx £2m from an ego maniac manager who was only ever really interested in himself?

That is obvious. It's also just as obvious that the LMA think they don't. There are no clear breaches of contract though or he'd be gone about 3/4 weeks ago now. It's looking very muddy.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
NOT if the club are on solid ground. Why are you still struggling with this?

I am struggling with it because it is only you and a few others who are absolutely sure the club have this right
do you know they are on solid ground
if you know something I don't then PM me and I will take it on board
otherwise I will continue to struggle with this as it does seem to me as though the club want rid why Oh why can they not be honest get rid pay up and get on with next season.
it does occur to me that they suspended him spent for 4 weeks digging the dirt and now might have a very flimsy case if this is not so and if they have a cast iron case why did they not sack him.
the club obviously did not find anything on Tanno but now they have 500 pages of stuff on Gus you just could not make it up
this is saying that Gus has 500 pages of something that Tanno did not know about that to me is like saying Reggie did not know what Ronnie was up to
does not sit good with me I am afraid

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I am struggling with it because it is only you and a few others who are absolutely sure the club have this right
otherwise I will continue to struggle with this as it does seem to me as though the club want rid why Oh why can they not be honest get rid pay up and get on with next season.
it does occur to me that they suspended him spent for 4 weeks digging the dirt and now might have a very flimsy case if this is not so and if they have a cast iron case why did they not sack him.
the club obviously did not find anything on Tanno but now they have 500 pages of stuff on Gus you just could not make it up
this is saying that Gus has 500 pages of something that Tanno did not know about that to me is like saying Reggie did not know what Ronnie was up to

It's clearly not gone according to the club's plan at all. If it had, Gus would be gone ages ago. Looks like a monumental **** up at the moment.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
That is obvious. It's also just as obvious that the LMA think they don't.

If you'd had any dealings with Unions. In my work I've had many. You would know that they will spin an argument in their favour whether they believe they have a strong position or not, and are usually more interested in the PR and looking like they are defending their member.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
You are so right. DOn't worry. When this is all over there are going to be some serious cleaning up to be done on NSC as there is going to be big eggs falling of a lot of faces on here!

you only arrived as this started besides the fact I asked you once before do you know something that we don't if you do lets hear it

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
If they want to get rid of him, and don't have a genuine breach of contract, then that is the ONLY option.
In which case if there was any doubt, he would have been sacked 5 weeks ago, and we would all have moved on. Poyet would hopefully (although I doubt he would have) got one of the available jobs, so our pay off would have been very small, given he would have been losing very little if any earnings. This way the club have gone, suggests they have something cast iron against him.

That is why I failing to understand the negatives comments against the club over this.

On one hand you have people whining that the club has gone too commercial and business like, on the other hand they cannot accept, that them acting business and commercial like in this saga, is protecting us, the club, our club! If they wasn't acting business like, and following the right procedures, the club could come very unstuck.

It will all become clearer over the next week, but if was as simple as us trying to avoid a payout to Gus, then the club are ****ed, and I far far far more faith in Paul Barber and Tony Bloom to be as stupid as that, and I am staggered after all this club have been through, that certain posters on here think otherwise.

I am not saying for one second Paul Barber and Tony Bloom are untouchable or don't make mistakes along the way, but trust, as something as serious as this, I am 100% certain it will turn out that the club are completely in the right........

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

They haven't spent four weeks digging the dirt. They have spent the last four investigating the "alleged" breach of contract. What they haven't done is rush to judgement with little examination of the facts. Surely it is proper that allegations are thoroughly investigated before a judgement is made. Given that we still DO NOT KNOW what the allegations are we are in no position to say whether the club have acted poorly or not. What has been clear is that the club have taken this matter seriously and do not want to be accused of dispensing rough justice.

There is a crapload of money at stake here and it is important that i's are dotted and t's crossed.

I minded to side with the club here as it is Tony's project at risk here and he is more likely to have the club's interests at heart rather than Gus who will be concerned about his career.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I am struggling with it because it is only you and a few others who are absolutely sure the club have this right.

I don't know why you're bothering to debate it with them. They only think it because they want Gus gone, regardless of what has gone on.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Regardless of the outcome the club have ALREADY ****ed up by letting it drag out right across pre-season.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't know why you're bothering to debate it with them. They only think it because they want Gus gone, regardless of what has gone on.

Agreed. All based on "not liking him". Quite childish really.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
That is obvious. It's also just as obvious that the LMA think they don't. There are no clear breaches of contract though or he'd be gone about 3/4 weeks ago now. It's looking very muddy.

But he wouldnt since whatever the breeches you still have to investigate, call hearings etc. The lenght of time here, whilst not great, is absolutely no indication of the strength either way. And of course the lma support him in public , they are his union and no doubt he pays dues to them, what else would they do?

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
To what end?

But on one hand fans are complaining there is no news from the club, and when the club issues statements other question why!!!

IMO the board issued the first statement to let us know a timescale, but more likely to put pressure on Poyet.

They issued the second statement, as a public warning to the LMA that they will not tolerate any slanderous or inaccurate comments against the club, again to put pressure on them and Gus.

I very much doubt the club either Barber or Bloom decided on the spur of the moment to release either statement. I would fairly certain both statement were issued (especially the second one) on the advise and request of the clubs lawyers.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
There is a crapload of money at stake here and it is important that i's are dotted and t's crossed.

Is that £2m worth potentially damaging our prospects for next season/long term quite badly?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here