Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New Club Statement on OS

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
No idea. Replace "all of this mess" with "Barber" and yes, he'd definitely still be here I think.

Given the losses that we had made prior to Barber joining the Albion, whoever the ceo was would still have been charged with cutting costs and raising revenue. The job will not have changed just because someone other than Barber was appointed to the position. Gus did a terrific job with the resources at his disposal which suggested that he did have enough money to spend. It's a shame that it has come to this, but there is only one party concerned with the future of BHA in this dispute and it is not the manager.

My view of Poyet has sadly soured over the course of this dispute, I only hope that once this has blown over we can look back fondly over the progress we made during his tenure here (assuming that is now over).

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
No idea. Replace "all of this mess" with "Barber" and yes, he'd definitely still be here I think.
Isn't Barber carrying out TB's instructions, after all its Bloom's club.

Seems to me like we are simply trying our best to stay within the FFP guidelines, £2m in an already tight budget could make all the difference. I'm honestly not bothered about the personalities involved, but I can see why the club would be reluctant to face fines and a transfer embargo.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I look forward to when this new manager of ours steps in and is a real Albion-loving man of the people who has no interest in his own career gain or wish for a larger budget in order to compete with those higher up the table. That is pretty much what most managers are like, so it will be a huge relief to locate an alternative to the ghoulish egotist Gus "All About Me" "Moneybags" Poyet. Fingers crossed someone of the likes of Redknapp eh.

Indeed. And don't forget, they will LOVE the club....

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Not one poor interview at all, there are many other things that have happened within the last year and not only the last two months, that I have found hard to take as a fan of the Albion.
Read my signature of a good example of one of them.

I have watched all of his interviews and yes he has always
expressed a wish to manage in the premiership and a lots of the times he has added maybe with Brighton
yes he is a confident ,gobby sod who wears his heart on his sleeve but rather him that one manager we had who just ****ed off and went to a club Higher in the leagues.
in fact there have been a few of them

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Oh, so it's just a MASSIVE coincidence that those on your side of the fence are almost ALL the EXACT same people who have always complained about his style of play.

Not born yesterday mate.

You may not have been born yesterday, but you are clearly extremely naive regarding employment law, contract law, and financial matters.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I look forward to when this new manager of ours steps in and is a real Albion-loving man of the people who has no interest in his own career gain or wish for a larger budget in order to compete with those higher up the table. That is pretty much what most managers are like, so it will be a huge relief to locate an alternative to the ghoulish egotist Gus "All About Me" "Moneybags" Poyet. Fingers crossed someone of the likes of Redknapp eh.

Yeah, the same Redknapp who has been complaining about the budget at QPR, eh?

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
If the club were confident he had breached his contract, they would have to follow process, but the process that has drawn this out appears to be a lengthy investigation. Surely if they were so confidence, the evidence wouldn't take so long to compile?

All of the vacancies were filled without anyone being willing to pay the buy out fee required to get Gus off of us. So, it would come down to if the club were to reduce the playing budget, which gus said could lead to him leaving, and someone posted on here that the playing budget is untouched, so... probably!
How do you know it only took a couple of days/weeks. The club then builds a case, 500 pages suggests that needed time. Poyet has been on annual leave, and was only due to return Monday, which the club set as his hearing date. I don't see how it could have been done quicker unless the club rushed it through in a matter of days. They cannot release him from duties without a hearing. I know its completely alien to how most managers leave clubs/ get fired, and for that reason I believe the club have Poyet by the short and curlys, and he will leave this club without a penny being paid to him in compo (which I dont see would have been an issue otherwise if it was as simple a case of just firing him), and possibly with a huge bill around his neck. I cannot see any other reason why the club have taken this route, and for that I believe they KNOW they are 100% correct for going this way.

Roll on the end of the week

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Given the losses that we had made prior to Barber joining the Albion, whoever the ceo was would still have been charged with cutting costs and raising revenue. The job will not have changed just because someone other than Barber was appointed to the position. Gus did a terrific job with the resources at his disposal which suggested that he did have enough money to spend. It's a shame that it has come to this, but there is only one party concerned with the future of BHA in this dispute and it is not the manager.

My view of Poyet has sadly soured over the course of this dispute, I only hope that once this has blown over we can look back fondly over the progress we made during his tenure here (assuming that is now over).

I agree and it is the thing that troubles me. Gus was a good manager but they come and go. The future of the club long term is the important thing.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Good teams / players still depend on good managers. Wolverhampton Wanderers being a very good case in point.

Right. But you're saying that the Poyet situation (the delay in knowing who our manager is) is going to mean we're in a relegation scrap. You're making an assumption that the next manager is terrible (like Wolves, which was your example).

The delay itself won't mean we have a bad manager in charge.

Why EXACTLY do you see this delay being the reason to aim for "survival" this season....seeing as they player's aernt even back yet and it's ages until we even start football again.

Or is there no logic in your over-reactionary statement?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
By this time in three weeks we may have a new manager, a handfull of good new signings, and saved £2m. Will i have been that harmful if this happens?

I wonder who earns more, Poyet or the LMA/employment/club lawyers? Legal battles cost loads of money.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

And you base that statement on?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Really? A 500 page dossier, completely disseminated in that time, and then an agreement reached between both parties? Be very happy if true.

Good. There's nothing I want more than to make you happy. I sincerely hope you also can get over Gus' departure soon.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Because the are pro manager and Pro board on NSC, I think its a bit dramatic to say the fans are split. A handful of fans are debating the issue. The club is hardly torn down the middle is it :eek::ffsparr::ffsparr: Talk about over reaction!!

I suspect a lot of this is due to

-many on the "pro-club" side being unfairly harsh on Gus, retroactively exaggerating his comments
-many on the "pro-gus" side being unfairly harsh on Barber, blaming him for what his job involves

There are other factors, including some fans talking in absolutes, and treating anyone who makes one of the arguments of either side as a representative of all the arguments of that side, but largely I think it's the above thing that is more responsible for the split than the actual ongoings with/actions of the club/gus/LMA.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
There are other factors, including some fans talking in absolutes, and treating anyone who makes one of the arguments of either side as a representative of all the arguments of that side, but largely I think it's the above thing that is more responsible for the split than the actual ongoings with/actions of the club/gus/LMA.
So like I said. Over reaction :lol: NSC is no more split than normal :lol:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here