Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Chant - WTF?

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Christ everbody just lighten up please

If you dont like the chant then DON'T SING IT

the majority of the north stand were belting it out against sunderland and it sounded good. I have even noticed some of the west stand starting to get involved too and the younger kids seem too love the end bit. So if it gets people involved and having fun then Im all for it.

Until all you moaners think of something better and then sing it loader to generate some atmosphere at our new home.....

PUT UP OR SHUT UP !! That is all

Completely this. Some people just want to kill any new atmosphere generated. I love it and only wish more people sung it. The 'woahs' sounded great during the Donny highlights on BBC.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Honestly the shittest song I have ever heard. It wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't sung every 2 minutes and at away games! WE WERE NOT THE NORTH STAND AT CARDIFF OR POMPY.

We no longer play on Old Shoreham Road, but we will still sing that? or is different?

Last edited:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I like it. We had the Bennett song last year and this one this year. We're not a collection of Elton Johns or Meatloafs, so some slow cock-rock classics shan't be spilling from our untender fingers. We need anthems from wherever we got them and this one fits in nicely. Maybe it won't last long and we come up with something else. For now, though, it's just fine.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Honestly the shittest song I have ever heard. It wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't sung every 2 minutes and at away games! WE WERE NOT THE NORTH STAND AT CARDIFF OR POMPY.

Agree it is bad enough at home but singing 'we are the north stand' at away games, christ

Zampanò

Jan 8, 2011
I've posted this before but it was rudely ignore. So, I'm going to ignore everyone's earlier ignoring of it and say it again. If you want a simple, catchy and easy to repeat chant for a player, you could do a lot worse than using 'Linda Linda' by the bluehearts. All you need to do is change linda linda for any player with a two syllable name. Buckley buckley. Nooney nooney. Macca macca. Etc.

The easilt repeated chorus can be found at about 2:24.

Get on it chant starters.

:eek:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Agree it is bad enough at home but singing 'we are the north stand' at away games, christ

It tells the home fans where the action is at The Amex , in the old days fans used to sing about where they stood on the terraces , Kop at Anfield , North Bank at Highbury , Shelf at White Hart Lane , Shed at Stamford Bridge etc etc.

What I don't understand is, all the people that moan and hate it so much- if it is that bad then why don't you come up with something else?

Or would you rather we just sung that awful dreary aaaaalllll-bbbbbb----iiiiiii--ooooooo------nnnnnnnnn on repeat all game?

I f***ing HATE that chant. I don't get why the vast majority of our fans love it so much or why it gets the entire ground on their feet singing it at the top of their voices. It's not catchy, or inspiring or exciting in the slightest bit. I've found myself starting to boo over it when I hear it for the 5th time before the first half's even over.

And that one is definitely stolen - from Liverpool.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4332729 said:
I f***ing HATE that chant. I don't get why the vast majority of our fans love it so much or why it gets the entire ground on their feet singing it at the top of their voices. It's not catchy, or inspiring or exciting in the slightest bit. I've found myself starting to boo over it when I hear it for the 5th time before the first half's even over.

And that one is definitely stolen - from Liverpool.

I'm not a fan, but I still join in and can hack it 2 or 3 times a game. It get shit when you're near a load of moany old bastards who refuse to join in with any other song.

The original "Albion" song is much better.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
I like it and might just try from the west stand lower to get this going saturday

We are the West Stand , the West Stand , the West Stand
The North Stand of the Albion , the Albion , the Albion
The Albion from Sussex , from Sussex , from Sussex
From Sussex by the sea , the sea , the sea
wer ho oh oh oh oh wer ho oh oh oh oh

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
intend trying this to the new GOSBS from the west stand lower this Saturday

For we're the men from Sussex
Sussex by the sea,
We plough and sow and reap and mow,
And useful men are we:
So when you go from Sussex,
wherever you may be,
You can tell them all that we stand or fall
For Sussex by the sea.

Oh, Sussex, Sussex by the sea
Good old Sussex by the Sea
For Sussex by the sea.

Oh, Sussex, Sussex by the sea
Good old Sussex by the Sea
For Sussex by the sea.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I like the idea and the effort put forward, but I find its too cluttered and with so many people singing it, its difficult for others who want to join in...the first few lines aren't exactly easy to pick up and join in with...but the end is great, sounds fantastic from the North Stand...but should not be sang at away games, a bit cringeworthy!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I like the idea and the effort put forward, but I find its too cluttered and with so many people singing it, its difficult for others who want to join in...the first few lines aren't exactly easy to pick up and join in with...but the end is great, sounds fantastic from the North Stand...but should not be sang at away games, a bit cringeworthy!

Only because people singing MILES too fast as USUAL. Even Palace fans can sing it in time. I know it would not go down well but I honestly think that sometimes we need a drummer.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
This one?

We are the North stand, the north stand, the north stand,
the north stand of the albion, the albion, the albion,
the albion from the sussex, the sussex, the sussex,
the sussex by the sea, the sea, the sea.

I do think its quite a good chant however i do think that the first line is a bit limiting in getting people to sing it and maybe could be changed ? maybe to something like 'we are the supporters, the supporters, the supporters ...etc' ? (or if someone can come up with something better) - That way more fans (hopefully) will join in from other parts of the ground and make it really loud and sound great.

I was at Pompey when this was being sung and the first line just didn't seem to be right for me in that context - maybe have a different 1st line for away matches if it says as it is for home games?

How about
We're brighton, brighton, brighton
Brighton and hove albion, hove albion, hove albion
The albion from the sussex, the sussex, the sussex
sussex by the sea, the sea, the sea
Whooaaa.......
This way all can sing it and it works for away too.

Hatman1234

Aug 24, 2011
In a crater in the sea.
I must be honest. I don't like it. Probably because I am tone deaf, or I never understood an A from a C. But I am Brighton, and I will sing my team to victory. So sing along you stubborn grumpy bastards!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here