New Chant - WTF?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
This one?

We are the North stand, the north stand, the north stand,
the north stand of the albion, the albion, the albion,
the albion from the sussex, the sussex, the sussex,
the sussex by the sea, the sea, the sea.

I do think its quite a good chant however i do think that the first line is a bit limiting in getting people to sing it and maybe could be changed ? maybe to something like 'we are the supporters, the supporters, the supporters ...etc' ? (or if someone can come up with something better) - That way more fans (hopefully) will join in from other parts of the ground and make it really loud and sound great.

I was at Pompey when this was being sung and the first line just didn't seem to be right for me in that context - maybe have a different 1st line for away matches if it says as it is for home games?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
What I don't understand is, all the people that moan and hate it so much- if it is that bad then why don't you come up with something else?

Or would you rather we just sung that awful dreary aaaaalllll-bbbbbb----iiiiiii--ooooooo------nnnnnnnnn on repeat all game?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Is it just me, or did everyone moan about the lack of chanting at Withers, and now everyone is moaning about the chants at the Amex?

Can't win.

:shrug:

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I went to Stringer, to Stringer, to Stringer, to Stringer
I did history, did English, did physics, did Latin
I got a C, a C, a C.

:)

:lolol::lolol::lolol: That made I chuckle.

I think the chant is fine, all of those moaning its easy, don't sing it. It is not only done by the teams named above, every team with the exception of Spudz, have sung that at the Amex.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
This one?

We are the North stand, the north stand, the north stand,
the north stand of the albion, the albion, the albion,
the albion from the sussex, the sussex, the sussex,
the sussex by the sea, the sea, the sea.

Honestly the shittest song I have ever heard. It wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't sung every 2 minutes and at away games! WE WERE NOT THE NORTH STAND AT CARDIFF OR POMPY.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
What I don't understand is, all the people that moan and hate it so much- if it is that bad then why don't you come up with something else?

Or would you rather we just sung that awful dreary aaaaalllll-bbbbbb----iiiiiii--ooooooo------nnnnnnnnn on repeat all game?

Whatever happened to the old Albion chant. You know the went: Alllllbion, Alllllbion, Allllbion. Albion, Albion, Albiooon. Albion, Albion, Albion. Albion, ALLLLBION.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Whatever happened to the old Albion chant. You know the went: Alllllbion, Alllllbion, Allllbion. Albion, Albion, Albiooon. Albion, Albion, Albion. Albion, ALLLLBION.

what, you mean the chant we sing every game?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I've posted this before but it was rudely ignore. So, I'm going to ignore everyone's earlier ignoring of it and say it again. If you want a simple, catchy and easy to repeat chant for a player, you could do a lot worse than using 'Linda Linda' by the bluehearts. All you need to do is change linda linda for any player with a two syllable name. Buckley buckley. Nooney nooney. Macca macca. Etc.

The easilt repeated chorus can be found at about 2:24.

Get on it chant starters.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I've posted this before but it was rudely ignore. So, I'm going to ignore everyone's earlier ignoring of it and say it again. If you want a simple, catchy and easy to repeat chant for a player, you could do a lot worse than using 'Linda Linda' by the bluehearts. All you need to do is change linda linda for any player with a two syllable name. Buckley buckley. Nooney nooney. Macca macca. Etc.

The easilt repeated chorus can be found at about 2:24.

Get on it chant starters.

:rotlf::facepalm:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

I like the "dreary" Albion chant. Get the whole ground belting that out and I find it quite impressive

sussexadz121

Mar 21, 2011
Burgess Hill
Christ everbody just lighten up please

If you dont like the chant then DON'T SING IT

the majority of the north stand were belting it out against sunderland and it sounded good. I have even noticed some of the west stand starting to get involved too and the younger kids seem too love the end bit. So if it gets people involved and having fun then Im all for it.

Until all you moaners think of something better and then sing it loader to generate some atmosphere at our new home.....

PUT UP OR SHUT UP !! That is all

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here