Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Brighton Shirt For Tottenham Game!!!!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I LIKE IT.

A lot of people liked last year's kit with the wider blue stripes, I DIDN'T.

So each to their own... Definitely tempted to buy it (but won't wear it for the first games as I don't want to be branded a JCL! So will wear my old shirt from 2003/04 instead!

I HATED last years shirt.

HATED.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Agree. Fans wearing sandex shirts ought to get free beer. I'm wearing mine and I know there's only couple thousand others out there like me. We ubers need to stick together amongst the great jcl unwashed

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I believe a reason most clubs centre the logo is because it's cheaper than putting it to one side- remember it being a thing leeds fans complained about when costs were cut a few years ago

*Not accusing our club of being cheap, just sharing a tid bit of info :) )

thnk you'll also find that fans like central badges, as they don't disappear from view when the shirt is worn under a jacket (or fleece in my case)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think its league rules state the back must be blank, this being a friendly means we can get away with it

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO that is not the case, it's just that we choose to let Errea make us shirts like that (it might be rules in other markets around the world). There is no FA, FL or any other rule that insists the back is plain on shirts in the UK. Plenty of other teams have stripes on the back of their shirts, Huddersfield, Sunderland and Brentford come to mind immedeatly.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
The one for REAL uberfans is this one.....

football_shirt_2_1_500x400x0.jpg

or the one with the advert on a white block background.

Only seen for 1 season by not many people at Priestfield, Gillingham

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
There is Rule 6 laid down by UEFA for European games (ie under the jurisdiction of UEFA) which requires clubs to have legible numbers on their shirts, which is and legibility is defined as a plain background.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I think its league rules state the back must be blank, this being a friendly means we can get away with it

but Colchester and Huddersfield have the stripes continuing down the back but i guess colchester have red numbers...

does anybody know if the numbers will have a gold outline? maybe that would qualify them as 'legible'

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
There is Rule 6 laid down by UEFA for European games (ie under the jurisdiction of UEFA) which requires clubs to have legible numbers on their shirts, which is and legibility is defined as a plain background.

And in the UK, it is deemed legible for Sunderland, Huddersfield, Stoke, Brentford and several others, i.e., the referees can see. I believe that a few years ago SCC made it ito a European competition, and they produced a shirt with a plain back for those games only, as their then home kit had stripes on the back, that was at the request of UEFA.

Oh, and I think this is the shirt to which you refer;

football_shirt_8738_1_276x400x0.jpg

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
£50 is this a joke !! Sadly not and this is just the start of suprisingly high prices for everything Albion related plus expect a large hike in season ticket prices after season 1 whatever division we are in. Many many thanks to Tony for the stadium , no one can repay his generosity but to his business staff a note - Please remember what Brighton fans have had to put up with for so many years and do not please start taking the piss. Times have changed but once upon a time going to the footie cost approximately the same as going to the cinema. Oh happy days..........imho

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
OK, from the FA Rulebook:

"Where the Competition rules require a number on the back of the shirt, it should be clearly legible and positioned in the centre of the back of the shirt.
The number should be between 20 cm and 35 cm in height with provision for each
competition to set specific criteria. A number may also appear on the front of the shorts which must correspond with the number on the shirt.
The number should be between 10 cm and 15 cm in height with provision for each competition to set specific criteria. The officially designated logo or name of the Competition or combination of the same may appear once only on each of the player’s shirt numbers providing the logo, name or combination does not exceed an area of 20 square centimetres. No other advertising or any other marking is allowed on players’ shirt numbers".

So no reference of blank panels there, just legibility.

"Shirts must be numbered such that the numbers can be clearly identified by officials and spectators. Striped, hooped or otherwise patterned shirts shall have numbers affixed to contrasting patches or numbers in a contrasting colour with bold outline"

Which clearly states that numbers with a bold outline, like all FL numbers, are OK on a striped, hooped or patterend shirt, no need for a blank patch.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I personally am not a huge fan...yet. I actually really liked last year's because of the v neck collar and it being predominantly blue. I think this one will grow on me though.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
hmm well i whipped this up, i hope they see sense and dont use that awful block white background logo, something like this would look much nicer...

2d268lx.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here