Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New 2013/14 Kits thread

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
spurs new home and away kit 2013-2014- spurs home-kit.jpg2013-2014-spurs away-kit.jpg

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
That Spurs home shirt is really nice, but somewhat ruined (in my opinion) by the sponsor. The away shirt, however, is bloody fantastic. Top job, UnderArmour.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
That Spurs home shirt is really nice, but somewhat ruined (in my opinion) by the sponsor. The away shirt, however, is bloody fantastic. Top job, UnderArmour.

agree - really impressed by the kit under armour make, oscar garcias old club had it and it looked well smart - havent seen a kit they make (for football) that i dont like (if you want to see some garish stuff they do, just search maryland college american football team)

glad a us manufacturer didnt go down the warrior route

really really hope we get them next year, even though im pretty sure we wont......

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
just showed my mate the liverpool purple/white/black/gold shirt and he actually liked it! I quite like the top half but its the bottom half that ruins it, that random white section!

I think the Fulham kit looks very smart actually, like it!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Look at this BEAUTY of a kit for Chivas.
View attachment 44586
Adidas make some lovely kits for the MLS (link below). In the volumes we sell them in, I'm surprised more English teams don't get the more expensive bespoke kits..

http://kitnerd.wordpress.com/2013-mls-kits/

My son has last seasons Seattle Sounders shirt - Albion aside its his favourite shirt ever, and I have to say it does look really smart....as do most of the MLS kits. Also didn't realise Reo-Coker was now in Vancouver!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Look at this BEAUTY of a kit for Chivas.
Adidas make some lovely kits for the MLS (link below). In the volumes we sell them in, I'm surprised more English teams don't get the more expensive bespoke kits..

They do look great, agreed. One reason they go for more expensive bespoke designs could be that they sell them for £60 in the club shops, thus covering costs for better designs. Would British fans stump up £60 for replica shirts? Possibly not. :shrug:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
They do look great, agreed. One reason they go for more expensive bespoke designs could be that they sell them for £60 in the club shops, thus covering costs for better designs. Would British fans stump up £60 for replica shirts? Possibly not. :shrug:

Good point. Also, can't you buy like "player spec" ones which are nearer the £100 mark?

Edit: Yep, you can. Here's the 2 versions of the LA Galaxy kit. One's called "Replica" and costs $85, the other "Authentic" costing $120.
Spot the difference...

46581.jpg28649.jpg

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Good point. Also, can't you buy like "player spec" ones which are nearer the £100 mark?

Edit: Yep, you can. Here's the 2 versions of the LA Galaxy kit. One's called "Replica" and costs $85, the other "Authentic" costing $120.
Spot the difference...

To a kitnerd like me there are loads of differences, to many though it's simply $35.

Seems daft to me to sell player spec shirts, they often get badged up and then sold on as match shirts, which carry a hefty price tag, sadly many are conned by and purchase them. There used to be a few subtle differences to stop this happening, like the size of namesets and numbers, the size of the [Premier] league sleeve patches, but these have largely gone by the wayside now.

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
techfit - its basically like wearing an undershirt but with the kit decal/colurs etc

A bit more than an undershirt, they are often (not always) made of a slightly different fabric, the seams are often welded or part welded rather than stitched, and there are no labels/tags inside or out that could irritate the poor players skin. The badges and logos are, in many cases, heat pressed on rather than embroidered through the fabric, again eliminating irritating friction on the inside. Also, the shirts can be fitted better, tighter than a replica, so that they look better on the honed athletic figure of the players, rather than flapping about.

Nike/Adidas/Puma in the main make player spec kits, but not all teams go for this option as they are dearer. In the case of Errea the shirts we buy in the shop are the same as the shirts the players wear (well they have been up until now).

In the olden days the players shirts tended to have embroidered badges and logos for durability, and were often slightly heavier duty fabric, whereas fans shirts had printed versions of the badges, go look at your Bukta shirts, or your Sports Express shirts. Also, if you take the Ribero shirts we used to have, the players shirts had a much larger Ribero logo, I guess some sort of marketing ploy for exposure in photos/TV etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here